• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Should get the PSxTrickers red, white, and blue shoes

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raginberriodoom
Question is, what are those pants?

Shoes looking ******* fantastic though.

WWM or EG.

Can I get the Vibram sole though? because that is a deal breaker.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
WWM or EG.

Can I get the Vibram sole though? because that is a deal breaker.

Yeah I think you can do that, you should be right. Send them an email with photo.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
What do you think of these shoes ? Are they OK with black jeans (not jet black)

http://shopstels.com/shop/media/cata...244_side_2.jpg
http://shopstels.com/shop/media/cata...3244_top_1.jpg

And these

OLLY%20-%208762LS%20-%20A.jpg

do you mean indigo jeans?
if so then they're both great, especially in a "MC does SW&D" context.

also, it's one of those strange things, but brown shoes sometimes look really good with jet black slim-to-skinny jeans. the black/brown rule is weird and i think has to be taken on a case by case basis.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the black brown rule is bullshit and happily break it regularly and it looks great.

my guess is dude doesn't mean indigo jeans but he probably means washed black or distressed black, either way would look okay with those boots but they don't really do it for me.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean to buy the Grensons to wear with these jeans. Any other shoes / boots which will got with these ? I am 32 and more from the MC side of things
3sixteen_black_01_02.jpg

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black & brown is probably the one rule I sort of agree with. Rarely do I see it working.

__CB__

Reaction score
^ yeah i agree, think it usually looks best with either dark brown or a lighter tan, not so much everything in between.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It sucks because these are technically a substitute for my GRAIL shoes which I missed out on last fall,

24m8bic.jpg

would pay retail for these bad boys, 900 usd, this is also my favorite picture ever taken.

Originally Posted by asobu
ze pantz?

00400m.jpg

really want them, really don't need them, and should prioritize much better but **** they look nice if you can pull them off (not sure I can). comes in a rovery ramie edition that i bet would be fantastic for summer.

******* epic on both, keep it coming boys.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, your responses to brown shoes with black jeans has left me confused.

A pic of the shoes as well as the jeans is given below. I just want to know this particular shoe will work with this particular jeans.

If I was smart enough to figure out the brown /black rule, i wouldn't be asking you guys. Of course I welcome your suggestions as to other shoes.

Thanks

I think the black brown rule is bullshit and happily break it regularly and it looks great.

my guess is dude doesn't mean indigo jeans but he probably means washed black or distressed black, either way would look okay with those boots but they don't really do it for me.

Originally Posted by hendrix
do you mean indigo jeans?
if so then they're both great, especially in a "MC does SW&D" context.

also, it's one of those strange things, but brown shoes sometimes look really good with jet black slim-to-skinny jeans. the black/brown rule is weird and i think has to be taken on a case by case basis.

Originally Posted by XenoX101
Black & brown is probably the one rule I sort of agree with. Rarely do I see it working.

Originally Posted by aeglus
black and brown is ok as long as the brown looks fairly dark itself

Originally Posted by __CB__
^ yeah i agree, think it usually looks best with either dark brown or a lighter tan, not so much everything in between.

The shoes in question

What do you think of these shoes ? Are they OK with black jeans (not jet black)

13244_side_2.jpg

13244_top_1.jpg

The jeans

I mean to buy the Grensons to wear with these jeans. Any other shoes / boots which will got with these ? I am 32 and more from the MC side of things

3sixteen_black_01_02.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads