• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This is about to be the bachelor party from hell.

TheD0n

Reaction score
With all these conventions and rules surrounding weddings, I can't imagine hipsters ever get married. And if they do, then they will lose some extreme hipster friends.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Didn't realize everyone on SF did drugs.

Most people do. At least that's been my experience. Especially weed. There are basically two kinds of people in this world: those who do drugs, and those who are shocked to find out that everyone else is doing drugs.
smile.gif

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
friend of mine once was in the same situation as the op's groom friend... I was asked to go to his "bachelor party" that I found out later on was just a ******* dinner at his house, with his family and his then-fiance and her ******* friends and there wasn't even alcohol in the premises. complete waste of time and energy that led me to NOT attend his wedding out of spite.

the groom's dad even approached us after said event at the house and asked if we're going "somewhere else" without his son, and he's coming along.

eh.gif
Seems like a rather extreme response to what was at worst a waste of a few hours of your time.

bigboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Most people do. At least that's been my experience. Especially weed. There are basically two kinds of people in this world: those who do drugs, and those who are shocked to find out that everyone else is doing drugs.
smile.gif

I don't do drugs, but I love it when others are doing them. Constant entertainment and a clean and sober getaway for myself, if the need arises of course.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
eh.gif
Seems like a rather extreme response to what was at worst a waste of a few hours of your time.

well, we're not THAT close to begin with, the wife totally ignores his friends, and I remember wanting to do something else that afternoon too
laugh.gif

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
smile.gif

I've been kind of surprised lately at the number of people who I've discovered have done coke. Moreso because it seems like every time I mention this fact to someone I'd never have guessed would be into it, they tell me they tried it once/a few times/etc. Weed, I'm not surprised about.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was suprised as well about the coke thing. I party all the time and have never even seen the stuff! It kinda bums me out when I find out that so many hot chicks are doing it. Like when I found out that all the "nice girls" in my high school youth group were the biggest sluts and just kept good secrets. Meh. Every girl has a price I guess.

I need to get a hold of that DARE video that taught us how to make crack.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I never really got into blow. It's fun and all, kinda feel like superman on it, and no moral issues with substances.

I guess if I lived somewhere else I may do it more. Really hard to get in Vietnam - and when some does come to town, it tends to be cut-to-**** crap. When I was in Australia, I had less trouble with quality/procurement, but back then, I was younger in my professional life and could not afford it.

In my younger days, acid was my thing, along with speed (amphetimines suit me generally), and occasionally E. I went off everything when I was about 22, and just rediscovered E last year (at that same bachelor party I have mentioned a couple of times in this thread) and do it semi-regularly now.

I'll occasionally still smoke some weed, but I have never been a big fan of it, just makes me eat like crazy, puts me to sleep, and pretty regularly gives me headaches.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had a pretty sheltered life. Being generally friendless limits the drug offers one gets, and many drugs I am still powerfully phobic of. I Bill Clintoned pot twice (both times when I was trying to impress a girl) and have done a few bumps of coke here and there. I've seen people do K and acid at afterparties, although last week was the first time I ever got offered (Girl at club said to me, "Lucy's in town" and I said, "Nah, I'm good.") I'm surrounded by people rolling all the time, and I may have gotten offered once or twice.

I have NEVER seen anyone do heroin/meth though.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesseJB
I was suprised as well about the coke thing. I party all the time and have never even seen the stuff!

Nantucket in the early & mid '80s, you couldn't get away from the stuff. Friends would score some and drag me along to snort a bunch of lines because they didn't want to do it alone. Once did lines with a friend after work and then went to a party where there was a big mirror on a table in a side room with half a dozen lines on it. Guy told us to help ourselves and we did.

Another time, I had a few drinks after work and proceeded to roll my car when I took a turn too sharp. Stripped the car of anything that could be traced back to me and abandoned it. When I got home, my boss showed up with some blow and listened to how I narrowly escaped death while we snorted lines.

Plenty of other stories, none of which have anything to do with marriage or bachelor parties.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads