• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JG000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scribbles
^^ They still make FUBU? Who knew?
It's been dead for years but it's relaunching actually...
laugh.gif

EBTX66

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vinasity
Found these also Dexter white suede bucks in a size 9.5 ...

Those would quickly find a loving home over on the AA Trad Exchange forum.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gaseousclay
sweet. now you can move to Florida and retire

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

tsaltzma

Reaction score
I found a new thrift store in my area today. They have been there for 6 months...
facepalm.gif

I don't know how I missed it before, but I'm glad I found it today.

Oxxford houndstooth windowpane sportcoat $8
Paul Smith shirt $10 (normally I wouldn't pay this much for a shirt but I really liked this one - they had another PS that was FUGLY)
BB braces $5
Talbott emblematic tie (anchor) $2
Nixon NWT belt $2
Smith sunglasses $1
Alden 8.5a/c tassle loafers $7
Sharper Image Si312 automatic watch winder $4

At this same store, they had a boutique section. They had some an orphaned 40 year old Dior jacket for $50, a Chaps suit for $80, an old Givenchy tie for $10, and some after six grosgrain formal shoes for $50.
eh.gif

Hoofit

Reaction score
Found a great pair of shoes today. RL Polo Darlton Tassels
Photo0072.jpg

Missing a tassel, but otherwise very good condition. Still need to clean this pair up.

PoliticalGuy

Reaction score
I picked up a brown Brooks Brothers suit today. It says made in Italy and is 90% wool and 10% cashmere. The label is just the standard blue "Brook Brothers Established 1818." 2 button, high gorge, really looks and feels great and I usually stay away from brown. Unfortunately, it's too big for me at a 43R, but I think my brother, who could really use help in this department, might be able to use it. Any clue on what line it is and who made it?

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hoofit
Photo0072.jpg

Missing a tassel, but otherwise very good condition. Still need to clean this pair up.

Those are shell and should clean up nicely. The trouble will be getting a tassel made that will match the patina.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Photo0072.jpg

To each their own. Found a pair of Allen edmonds in my size in that exact style the other day, left them because they were that style, which I find particularly ugly.

Hoofit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
To each their own. Found a pair of Allen edmonds in my size in that exact style the other day, left them because they were that style, which I find particularly ugly.
While the tassel loafer may not be for everyone, I find them to classic. The shell that Crockett Jones uses is very nice and quite distinctive.

Anyone have any idea where I could get a new tassel to replace the one missing?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While the tassel loafer may not be for everyone, I find them to classic. The shell that Crockett Jones uses is very nice and quite distinctive.

I'm understanding of tassels, though they're not to my taste except in suede, but not on that kind of last shape. But if you like them, that's what matters.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vinasity
Today's find Allen Edmonds concord seriously thinking about keepings these despite own 12 pairs of dress shoes.
75d82fa9.jpg

Must. Know. Size.
drool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 101 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads