• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunkin

Reaction score
nice! i like the idea of totes over dust bags....all the dust bags i have just lay in a pile in my closet, thats my view....
thanks for the update

Originally Posted by impolyt_one
totes (I might change to a nice custom TOJ dust bag once these totes run out, and these are running low.... thoughts? more totes or a big dustbag?) are free with pea or duffle coat.

Mr pea maker is indeed out of hospital, APK's coat is finally out as of today and with me, and then the rest should move along. Been taking it a little slow around here not because I really wanted to, but because the leathers and shirts are the only things making progress lately and that's all I could say. Like this big animal you keep prodding to move, but it only moves when it finally feels like it - that's what it is like to make clothes, if you're not the man behind all 30 machines or something.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
we had to wait on a few fabrics to come from the mills, but they're in for order. They move much faster than anything else does, since they run 10 shirts/hour. We have to wait and amass a certain number of orders (over 50 or more) to go in at once, so unfortunately whether one orders first or last, they're in on the same order and 2 weeks ago is the same as 1 week ago or a few days ago, on our timeline. sorry about that. It's due to the fact that they have to bring the pattern sets out, sometimes rearrange their work flow, and set up the machines and focus on a job order for our shirts at once. They don't like it if we come in day after day and add 3 more shirts to a running total, because they're gonna bring them all back at once anyway, and it's just more work for them to bring out and then stow the patterns each day... they wouldn't do that anyway if they figured out that they could wait til there were a significant number of orders. Everything we make is like this, that is why there are runs of like pieces... shirts just move fast and are easier made than a leather jacket so the minimum is higher than like leathers, which we can sometimes jsut do 2 of per week.

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Drew,

would the MTM option work for a girl's shirt? I'm guessing it is probably a completely different pattern...

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
we can do women's shirts, MTM. Our shirtmaker also regularly makes women's shirts. We can also do women's leather jackets, I made one and never heard back from the guy who bought it for his lady, but the measuring process is the same as ever.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
totes (I might change to a nice custom TOJ dust bag once these totes run out, and these are running low.... thoughts? more totes or a big dustbag?) are free with pea or duffle coat. Mr pea maker is indeed out of hospital, APK's coat is finally out as of today and with me, and then the rest should move along. Been taking it a little slow around here not because I really wanted to, but because the leathers and shirts are the only things making progress lately and that's all I could say. Like this big animal you keep prodding to move, but it only moves when it finally feels like it - that's what it is like to make clothes, if you're not the man behind all 30 machines or something.
Pea maker = trench maker?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ yes, and peas are priority over new samples. Trench is 90% done though so I am thinking about other ways to go about it.

JDMay, I just realized I left my moleskine for collecting swatches in at a tailor's today. Might not get back til Wednesday. I will find an HTML color that correlates and post up some examples of colors we can do currently, as stock colors change.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
totes (I might change to a nice custom TOJ dust bag once these totes run out, and these are running low.... thoughts? more totes or a big dustbag?) are free with pea or duffle coat.
Personally, I really prefer dust bags; totes aren't really any use to me, but I tend to keep most of my outerwear in garment bags. By the way, did you get my pm on sufu? Also, trench prodding:
Originally Posted by Berlin Report
DSCN7147.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ I did get your pm, I've got a little stack of emails and pm's I gotta wade through tomorrow, after a lot of consideration. I left my moleskine with leather samples at a shop today, and I wanted to show a sample of shirt shrinkage and maybe a set of measurements as an example of that on some 40's fabric shirts, but my washing machine is slow, so those gotta come later. Also, we're making some new stuff slowly on the side. Here's the washed lamb Daypack that only one person went in on - we were gonna cancel the order and refund on it, but whoever it was that ordered it waited patiently at pre-order status and I didn't want to punish them for having the faith, so we made a one-off. I lost money on this piece, all expenses in, but it's one of one so I can handle that. The only lamb backpack that will be made, and probably the only lamb bag to be made, lamb creates too much material waste for bags and so the bag maker doesn't like to use it. Needless to say though, it's nice as hell. Whoever ordered this, look for it in the mail in a few days. This is the same thick NZ lambskin used in the jackets and peacoat collars, same wash.
331dkk3.jpg
2iuyekn.jpg

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know ToJ doesn't have the capital to operate like this right now, but if you'd made a full run of those, I'd be shocked if they didn't sell pretty fast.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I know ToJ doesn't have the capital to operate like this right now, but if you'd made a full run of those, I'd be shocked if they didn't sell pretty fast.

this. i cant believe that the suede backpacks sell and this one had a hard time getting people on board..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads