• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best way to drink Coca-Cola?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
is nto that what all sodas started as? some form of herbal drink to help wth some problem?

not all. pepsi was made for redneck hicks from indiana

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frosted pint glass, chipped ice because I like rough edges and the ice waters it down just right.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
the same reason jokers would waste rum by mixing it with coke. why call me out on the single malt lien but not the tastless tools before me?

There is a big difference between Macallan 12 and Sailor Jerry's rum. If you can't admit this, there is nothing more I should say on the subject.

Anyway, I very much prefer the cane sugar bottled coke - straight from the frosty glass bottle.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
There is a big difference between Macallan 12 and Sailor Jerry's rum.

yeah, one's single malt scotch, and the other's rum. carry on.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I like both Coke and Pepsi. Depends on my mood.
But I'm always in the mood for Root Beer.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Mexican Coca-Cola in a glass bottle FTW!

Yes. Coke made in Mexico is Coke made (the way it used to be and should be) with cane sugar, not corn syrup. It comes in a glass bottle.

I rarely drink soda, but when I do, this is one of the few.

If you favor Cuba Libres, this one will make you realize what you've been missing -- Coke in the bottle, with a healthy squeeze of Persian lime and a 50/50 blend of light and dark(er) rum -- I enjoy Cruzan Estate and El Dorado 5 year or Pusser's. (I realize the styles of these Rums differ from the classic Cuban style of rum, but they make a delightful cocktail.) I prefer other rum cocktails to the Cuba Libre, but this is the only Coke cocktail to make.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And for those who don't want to to add ice, but also don't want to forget their coke in the freezer, keep a heafty glass mug with a handle in your freezer instead.

A truly frozen thick glass mug will sufficiently chill a refrigerated soda to form ice crystals on top.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
glass bottle Coke + peanuts
pnutcoke2.jpg

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If in NYC, go to Eisenberg's across from the Flatiron or The Lexington Candy Shop on the UES and have them make it for you the old-fashioned way by custom blending the syrup with soda water right out of the fountain.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For those who share my love of Mexican Coke, I have a small PSA: Sam's Clubs in my area carry 24 packs, and it's much cheaper than buying it by the bottle. Perhaps the ones in your area would have them as well.

I've also heard Costco does the same, but we don't have a Costco.

Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Really? It was widely (in the South) distributed in the early 00's through Food Lion - you could even get it in North Florida. I hadn't checked, but I assumed Cheerwine had found a new distributor after Food Lion thankfully closed.

I don't remember this. I do remember finding it in limited quantities when I moved to Athens, but I don't ever recall seeing it in Florida. That said, I didn't spend much time in North Florida. I don't remember seeing it in Atlanta when I lived there or visited, either.

I Googled it, and I apparently I was kind of right. It was available sporadically around Georgia, which would explain why I found it in Athens, but it wasn't officially rolled out in metro Atlanta until 2008.

Originally Posted by Girardian
Yes. Coke made in Mexico is Coke made (the way it used to be and should be) with cane sugar, not corn syrup. It comes in a glass bottle.

I rarely drink soda, but when I do, this is one of the few.

If you favor Cuba Libres, this one will make you realize what you've been missing -- Coke in the bottle, with a healthy squeeze of Persian lime and a 50/50 blend of light and dark(er) rum -- I enjoy Cruzan Estate and El Dorado 5 year or Pusser's. (I realize the styles of these Rums differ from the classic Cuban style of rum, but they make a delightful cocktail.) I prefer other rum cocktails to the Cuba Libre, but this is the only Coke cocktail to make.

I wonder if they'll ever start making American Coke with sugar again. There seems to be a market for it, and they could do something similar to the Pepsi Throwback stuff that came out not too long ago.

That Cuba Libre sounds delicious. I may give it a try some hot summer day.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I love it best with ice from a glass. A real glass glass, not a plastic glass. Ahhhh.

And kwilk, you are a ******* idiot.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pezzaturra
Very cold in a very hot place while being kidnapped by Al-qaeda and immediately prior to your on-camera decapitation.

Before this threk goes on can we get back to this? WTF??!!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AllHustle417