• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning- fits?

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks SuperBobo, that was really helpful. Going to go ahead and get the medium!

tooshay

Reaction score
I'm 5'10/145 and while I wear everything in S, I tried the Stark in S and it was too small to layer. Ended up buying a Medium which I haven't stopped wearing all winter.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SuperBobo's a big guy and wears a large, you're much smaller but fit a medium?? Isn't the medium a little loose and long on you? Has it stretched out somewhat?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SNS Herning fits weird, long body and short arms
nice quality, but unless you have Uni-qlo T-Rex arms, it's gonna look a little off
Not a big deal for me, since I wear mine for outdoorsy stuff like hiking, sailing, and camping, but something to keep in mind if you wear it for fashion

tooshay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
SuperBobo's a big guy and wears a large, you're much smaller but fit a medium?? Isn't the medium a little loose and long on you? Has it stretched out somewhat?

It stretched out a bit which I didn't account for, but still fits spectacularly well. What can I say - I'd do my best to try it on in person if I were you, judging by the comments above.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the problem, I'd like to try on the different sizes but unfortunately they only have a size medium. I can get an oxford under there but it's pretty tight. If it stretches out then that would be great. I guess my question is hard to answer since everyone likes their cardis to fit differently, but I appreciate all the input so far. I did manage to get measurements for the M and L although I'm not sure how accurate they are, but just in case anyone needs them as a guideline:

size: M L
pit to pit: 47 cm 50 cm
shoulder to shoulder: 45 cm 47 cm
arm: 64 cm 67 cm
collar to hem: 62 cm 65 cm

So, stick with the M and I get a tight fit in the chest, shoulders and arms but perfect length. Go with the L and the body and sleeves become too long but the chest/shoulders fit comfortably...

If it's not too much trouble, can you guys post fit pics? Superbobo? tooshay?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^

Here are some pics of me in my Stark Cardi in grey. I went with a small and I typically wear small across all brands and I like the fit as is. Just right on me and how I like to wear it. I'm about 5'8", 150 lbs.

100_2195.jpg

100_2197.jpg

100_2198.jpg

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by obiter dictum
The naval I have has very long arms.

Weird, all the ones I've tried on and seen, including the fit pic above, have rather short arms. I'd like to be able to double-back the cuffs, but they'd be halfway to my elbows

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5' 10" 180 here, got a large Stark in Olde Green a few weeks ago and fit is good except maybe a tad long in the body. Arms are fine. It's a really significant piece and makes an impression, but unlike you guys I just can't pull it off. Paid 255 euros, for sale at a good discount. Signed tag included.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some fit pics of my Stark. Sorry about the pic quality. Guess its really the body length that bothers me, what do you guys think?

p1010340v.jpg

p1010341j.jpg

p1010342d.jpg

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like sizing these things is a real dilemma. The knit really is beautiful. I think a medium would at least start out too tight in my arms & shoulders, question is how much it would stretch . . .

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have 3 items from the brand over several years, and some tend to run long like the cardigans, quite odd sizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads