SNS Herning- fits?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dixonmanor, Sep 10, 2009.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

Should serve well on the high seas.

2. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

Well, here is the L Naval on me. It's not quite skin tight like most Breton-type sweaters I've seen worn. And, it's about as long as I could stand to wear (these things are long!). OPinions on the fit? Keep or sell? I won't be able to find another in this color in M, that's for sure.
    [​IMG]

Honestly, I think it fits me well, but could stand to be a tiny bit smaller. Maybe not worth sizing down...

Fit looks spot on to me. I agree that it could be a tad smaller, but sizing down one isn't really going to work.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Well, here is the L Naval on me. It's not quite skin tight like most Breton-type sweaters I've seen worn. And, it's about as long as I could stand to wear (these things are long!). OPinions on the fit? Keep or sell? I won't be able to find another in this color in M, that's for sure.
    [​IMG]

Honestly, I think it fits me well, but could stand to be a tiny bit smaller. Maybe not worth sizing down...

http://www.streetammo.dk/commodity/2...-herning-naval - the opposite colorway, but I could see it working. They have some sort of sale going on as well.

4. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

I have not been able to process my transaction with the above (StreetAmmo) site - or at least the ".com" version of it.

I contacted them and they replied mentioning that they were currently setting up an FedEx shipping account, thus the delay. Perhaps this was just for international orders (e.g. to Canada)? Could anybody else see if they can get past stage 2 of their checkout process? (I'd pay a small proxy fee.)

I'm looking for a Stark in M - preferably Navy or Burgandy.

5. guyferguson

guyferguson Affiliate vendor

I think it works given your wardrobe, but i feel like you could have maybe gone with a Medium too. It would stretch a bit in the chest and you may have been happier with the length on it. If you want to look at measurements on the medium i can send some over.

Also, if anyone need measurements on the Stark, Naval, or Fisherman just let me know. We still have S, M, and L in all three styles.

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

TONS of SNS Herning here, and they take out VAT when shipping to the States, making the end price roughly the same as TBS:

http://www.stoy-munkholm.dk/male/sns-herning.html

Might be a few XS.

Is this site legit?

I'm so itching to try out a Stark in a medium. I understand we all have different builds, but from reading the posts, I think a medium will suit me well. I'm 5'9''-5'10'' at 155 lbs, 31 waist.

7. Gagno905

Gagno905 Senior member

Any sites stocking XS? Looking to buy one.

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I think it works given your wardrobe, but i feel like you could have maybe gone with a Medium too. It would stretch a bit in the chest and you may have been happier with the length on it. If you want to look at measurements on the medium i can send some over.

Also, if anyone need measurements on the Stark, Naval, or Fisherman just let me know. We still have S, M, and L in all three styles.

I see the pictures and blog entry for the SNS, but I don't see it for sale on your online store?

If you can give me measurements on a small and medium in the Starks, that would be great. I think I'm a medium, but I would like measurements for a small as well. Also what are your prices? Thanks in advance.

9. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Is this site legit?

I'm so itching to try out a Stark in a medium. I understand we all have different builds, but from reading the posts, I think a medium will suit me well. I'm 5'9''-5'10'' at 155 lbs, 31 waist.

You could probably do a small, I'm 6'2-6'3 170 - 175 and got a medium.

10. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Is this site legit?

Agreed, I'm the exact same build as you and I got a small in the stark cardigan. Fits spot on.

11. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

anyone who owned the under-sweater, how thick is it? any other recommendation for sns thin sweater?
    i am thinking of getting a sns for asian weather, ironic i know.

12. zissou

zissou Senior member

Should serve well on the high seas.
    Well I did throw on the watch cap for full effect...
    Fit looks spot on to me. I agree that it could be a tad smaller, but sizing down one isn't really going to work.
    Usually, if it could be a tad smaller, that means it;ll eventually be too big...
    http://www.streetammo.dk/commodity/2...-herning-naval - the opposite colorway, but I could see it working. They have some sort of sale going on as well.
    My backup plan if I wasn't happy with the fit on this one was to buy that exact sweater in M [​IMG]
    Yeah, I usually buy sweaters to be a little snug in the chest expecting them to stretch to just the right fit, which they usually do. This one has plenty of room without being huge, so I half wonder if it will wind up stretching to a poor fit eventually. Hmm, I will try it on one more time tomorrow and decide. It's not really thick enough to look good over a button down, so maybe I should size down one. The one I have is NWT, but bought off B&S, so I might have to put it back up there... EDIT: I'll STFU and keep it. I tried it on over a light knit shirt, and bunched up the bottom a bit, and I'm really liking the fit of it.

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

You could probably do a small, I'm 6'2-6'3 170 - 175 and got a medium.
    Agreed, I'm the exact same build as you and I got a small in the stark cardigan. Fits spot on.
    Thanks for the help, fellas! [​IMG] Glad I didn't order a medium yet. Now I just need to determine if the site is legit or not. I'm sure it is, but I want to see if anyone on here has ordered from them yet, I'd love their input on the service. Edit: Must be boredom on Friday night, but I went ahead and ordered a small from the aforementioned website. I used my Amex just in case anything should go wrong. The process was a bit of a pain since almost everything was in Danish. Total for the stark with shipping to California, USA came out to be $222.75 USD. Another edit: If anyone else plans to order from the site, I used the Google translator to translate words and sentences that confused me. Came in very handy. http://translate.google.com

14. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

15. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

^Not really, stretch makes measurements when the things aren't worn pretty meaningless. Any given size of sns knit is going to work for a large range of people, fitting slimmer or more relaxed still looks good.