• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Philistine, Anti-Intellectual Entertainment Thread

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I've been enjoying the practical, how-tos of FrenchMaidTV.

- B

I can't believe you let your maids fart around all day by making videos. Your house must be COVERED in dust.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
The reference to dating back to the 50s was not about your birth, but your collegiate years.
You are MOST kind.

PiperInAlberta

Reaction score
I took a #2 listening to Guerrilla Radio by Rage Against the Machine this evening.

It's about the small pleasures in life.

Take that caviar, Bach and $5000 cuff links.
lol8[1].gif

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
There is only one thing better than watching donkey basketball and thats being a participant. I have done both but not both sober.

PiperInAlberta

Reaction score
^^^ For a second there I thought I read 'donkey show'. That would have ended the topic since I doubt that could be topped.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PiperInAlberta
^^^ For a second there I thought I read 'donkey show'. That would have ended the topic since I doubt that could be topped.
I love starting a thread, sitting back and watching it grow, wondering all the while what it will be when it grows up. Nurturing it along only occasionally. Letting it find its own way in the world. Then suddenly, one day finding out that it has taken us places couldn't even imagine in the beginning. If only real fatherhood were half this fulfilling.
tongue.gif

PiperInAlberta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
I love starting a thread, sitting back and watching it grow, wondering all the while what it will be when it grows up. Nurturing it along only occasionally. Letting it find its own way in the world. Then suddenly, one day finding out that it has taken us places couldn't even imagine in the beginning. If only real fatherhood were half this fulfilling.
tongue.gif

It can only go up from here.

I mean, I'm sure one of you fellow philistines has witness something as degrading and low brow as a donkey show....this thread must be kept alive. The snobbery topic is gathering steam.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i love the simple, catchy beauty of the Subway "5-dollar footlong" song. if there only was a way to watch all the ad renditions back-to-back

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
i love the simple, catchy beauty of the Subway "5-dollar footlong" song. if there only was a way to watch all the ad renditions back-to-back

"If only there were a way..." is the proper use of the subjunctive. Small wonder you enjoy such philistine, anti-intellectual entertainment, you you you PHILISTINE ANTI-INTELLECTUAL!

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Ugh this thread is revolting.

Who asked you? Go smoke a marijuana cigarette while listening to your degenerate negro musics!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads