• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
Now I know they are called creases. I wanna clarify that what I descibed were lines right in the middle of legs along the whole length, not pleats around the waist. They are removable and meant to be removed, right? I was worried cuz I thought these pants were like dress pants whose creases are meant to be kept to creat a shape (or whatever other functions).
Yes, it's just a fold that's ironed into the pants. It's not permanent. It's something that a lot of guys like in their trousers, so our workshop does it by default. Here's the process: http://www.ehow.com/how_2187488_iron-crease-pants.html After wearing the pants for a bit, the crease will naturally flatten out. In a thicker fabric like moleskin, this happens pretty quickly. You could also iron it out if you wanted to get rid of it immediately. When you get them dry cleaned, you can tell the cleaner not to put a crease in them. But thank you for posting this question - I'm sure that you guys weren't the only ones who thought that the creases were pleats. The pictures can definitely be confusing. I should have made that clear in the product description. I'll update it tomorrow. Thanks, Mike

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation, Mike.
Kopped.
FYI, the link of 2nd product pic on the navy rudy moleskin page is down. You might need to fix it.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll confirm that the crease is pretty quick flatten out naturally on the moleskins. I just had my pair cleaned and pressed to get the crease back, but if you tell your cleaner not crease the pants they'll be creaseless after the first cleaning.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there still a cotton version of the charcoal trousers coming? I thought I read about those a while back, but haven't heard much since.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike (or anyone) - regarding that pindot. I'm really digging the pattern, but give me some enlightenment on some bottoms and footwear I could rock it with and not look a fashion victim. I have some things in mind, but any other insight would be helpful. I'm thinking it's time to diversify and get some prints in my life for tops for this spring.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm thinking of adding it to my order and would most definitely be rocking it with some gray chinos and the red WvsG chinos (if they ever actually, you know, exist). I could this going well with some khaki chinos that have a slight roll and...wait for it...boat shoes.

shasta

Reaction score
Just wanted to say how great Mike has been to work with. I came down with the Alden addiction pretty hard after recieving my Indy's and Mike was able to set me up with a pair of Alden Wingtips in under a week in addition to getting back to every single one of my questions lightning quick. Definitely the best customer service experience I've ever had - thanks again Mike for all of the help!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
Thanks for the explanation, Mike.
Kopped.
FYI, the link of 2nd product pic on the navy rudy moleskin page is down. You might need to fix it.

Thanks! Your order came through perfect and we'll ship the trousers today. And thanks again for the feedback -we're going to make those site changes today.

Originally Posted by APK
Is there still a cotton version of the charcoal trousers coming? I thought I read about those a while back, but haven't heard much since.

My order just got confirmed - so around 4/15, we'll be blowing up the spot with about six new Walt trousers. Swatches are scanned and will be posted later today! I don't have a charcoal cotton, but we've got a charcoal Italian tropical wool. It's like buttah.

Originally Posted by tonio028
Mike (or anyone) - regarding that pindot. I'm really digging the pattern, but give me some enlightenment on some bottoms and footwear I could rock it with and not look a fashion victim. I have some things in mind, but any other insight would be helpful. I'm thinking it's time to diversify and get some prints in my life for tops for this spring.

The new prints are a bit like the red cord trousers - they seem a bit daring and hard to work with if you've never worn things like them, but they're pretty easy to put together once you have them.

Some looks for the pindot that I would wear:
- Pindot shirt (sleeves rolled), indigo denim, color #8 wingtips or dark brown Desert boots
- Pindot shirt, british khaki chinos (that slightly darker brown), snuff suede shoes or white Jack Purcell's.
- Pindot shirt, charcoal trousers, black shoes or Chelsea boots
- As APK suggested, Pindot shirt, red chinos or red cords, brown suede shoes.

Originally Posted by shasta
Just wanted to say how great Mike has been to work with. I came down with the Alden addiction pretty hard after recieving my Indy's and Mike was able to set me up with a pair of Alden Wingtips in under a week in addition to getting back to every single one of my questions lightning quick. Definitely the beset customer service experience I've ever had - thanks again Mike for all of the help!

Thanks Shasta, it's been a pleasure! One day I'm coming to Minneapolis, and we're hitting up Nye's Polonaise something fierce.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet

Thanks Shasta, it's been a pleasure! One day I'm coming to Minneapolis, and we're hitting up Nye's Polonaise something fierce.

When you come to Minneapolis you better contact me!!!

shasta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
You know it boyee!

Better believe we'll be nursing a Grain Belt Premium induced hangover for several days!

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the multi-gingham in today and this thing is just boss as hell. Thanks Mike.

hnlax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Got the multi-gingham in today and this thing is just boss as hell. Thanks Mike.

Agreed. It's my first epaulet shirt, and the fit is spot on. Incredible pattern.

I had to order the pindot as well.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was going to announce this next week, but Schott is totally sold out and we're down to our last few pieces. I want to introduce it while we still have sizes S-XL in stock. Our next re-stock won't be until the first or second week of May at the earliest.

Schott%20Cafe%20Racer%20Lo.jpg

Schott Slim Cafe Racer: $425

The shop link has a ton of information, so I'll make a long story short: this has the best value of any motorcycle jacket that I've ever seen. It has an unbeatable combination of price, quality, and fit. And it's union made in the USA by a heritage motorcycle leather brand. We've carried it in the store since last October, and it consistently sells out every single month. The guys who buy it absolutely love it. If you dig the look and you're in the market for such a piece, then I guarantee that you'll be thrilled with this.

For easy sizing, this basically runs one-to-one with our Epaulet shirts. The sleeves are a bit longer as it's a moto jacket (got to keep your wrists covered), but everything else is very consistent. If you like the fit of our shirts, then this definitely work for you.

And yes, this is the jacket featured on our EP's site:
http://www.epsdenim.com/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads