• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
I've recently been wondering this do you have plans to make the traditional navy blazer in addition to your other sport coats?
Yes. And there's a little (well, a long) story to go along with this. Last Fall, we developed the sportcoats and made a small run of navy, tweed, and glen plaid. The idea was that the sportcoats would run one-to-one with our shirts. We were up against the holiday production and delivery period, so things got a bit rushed. When we got our sportcoats in, the fit was okay, but not perfect. They came out too tight in the chest and too big in the shoulders. The lapel roll also left a bit to be desired. In store, we sold a few of them, as guys who don't necessarily have the proportions for our shirts liked the fit. But it's something that customers had to try on and judge in person. But, I take a lot of pride in the way that our collection fits. Epaulet customers can expect that everything has been meticulously tested, sampled, and tweaked before we formally present it for purchase. We don't make any wild designs, so it's important for us to stay true to our ethos: well-tailored and well-made classic pieces at fair prices. These didn't fit the bill, so we pulled them. Small things may happen from time to time - a button or rivet might fall off - but I NEVER want one of my customers to get something that says Epaulet and think "WTF went wrong with this?" We value them too much. So, we're going back to the drawing board. I'm going to use the same patternmaker who did our trousers - which are some of the best-fitting pants that the world has known. He's old-school, and he really understands how tailored clothing should work. We'll pull everything apart, figure out where the discrepancy happened, and get it perfect. We'll most likely re-launch them for this coming Fall. And I'm planning to do both a Navy and Black sportcoat which will tie into our trousers for suit separates.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
4420700100_3294a55a5a.jpg

View Larger

Hey guys,

Crazy day in the shop, and we fell behind a bit. We'll put this online tomorrow with the new Floral and pindot.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've seen you mention the pindot shirt a few times, but I don't recall seeing a swatch. Is there one?

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, thanks for the backstory on the blazers. Looking forward to the retweaked ones in the future.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What's the inseam on the Naked and Famous Slim Guy Chino Selvedge Jean that Epaulet sells?

Also, does anyone own a pair? I'm curious what you think about them. Thanks!
smile.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

xr4ti

Reaction score
I just picked up a pair from 4hm, they are great. Inseam runs around 34.5 on my pair, 34 w.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn, that pindot number isn't far off from this Life After Denim shirt I got that fits perfectly except for the (motherfucking) high armholes. Any fit pics of that coming up?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Damn, that pindot number isn't far off from this Life After Denim shirt I got that fits perfectly except for the (motherfucking) high armholes. Any fit pics of that coming up?

I was thinking the same thing. That number looks boss, Mike for reals. You have an eye for fabrics, man amazing. And holy **** at that gingham twill too. The only problem is your going to make me broke!

shaftoe

Reaction score
The multigingham looks amazing. I may have to locate some funds for that one.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Almost pulled the triger at Rudy navy moleskin pants until I found out that they had whatchamacallit(pleats?) in the front, which made them too "dressy" for my taste. It would be ideal that they just have plain fronts.
I guess I have to wait for Hoyt jeans.
What a disappointing night.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK

Thanks! The fit is the same as our other shirts, but I can probably take a quick snap of it on tomorrow. We sold a few of them in the shop today, and guys have been really digging them. I was pleasantly surprised by how breathable the fabric is - it's a really easy piece to wear in the Spring and Summer.

Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
Almost pulled the triger at Rudy navy moleskin pants until I found out that they had whatchamacallit(pleats?) in the front, which made them too "dressy" for my taste. It would be ideal that they just have plain fronts.
I guess I have to wait for Hoyt jeans.
What a disappointing night.

Sorry for the confusion. Both the Rudy and the Walt pants are absolutely plain front. There are no pleats whatsoever. I should probably say that in the product description.

The lines that you see on the leg are merely creases. All of the trousers are pressed before they leave the workshop, and I photographed these right out of the box. After wearing them a bit, the creases generally flatten out - and you can certainly ask your dry cleaner to clean and press them without creases.

I think you'll really like these if you want to give them a shot. And I don't ever want to say "never" - as fashion is a changing thing - but I can safely say that I don't anticipate doing any pleated trousers anytime soon. But who knows, maybe the hot **** of 2015 will be some player-ific triple pleated numbers.

And speaking of the Hoyt jean, I'm getting what (I hope) is the final sample tomorrow. Will let you know how it turns out.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They don't have pleats. Just a crease that should iron out.

ivan k

Reaction score
Damn, I always thought they had pleats, which is why I haven't sprung for a pair. I'll have to pick some up then.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Now I know they are called creases. I wanna clarify that what I descibed were lines right in the middle of legs along the whole length, not pleats around the waist. They are removable and meant to be removed, right? I was worried cuz I thought these pants were like dress pants whose creases are meant to be kept to creat a shape (or whatever other functions).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads