• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Conne's food log

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Here Conne. He's how to diet. This is like.....**** a third grader knows. Keep it simple.

-You need a calorie deficit.

-For every 3,500 extra calories you burn more than you consume, you lose a pound.

-Your weight loss target is two pounds a week. That means your want to burn 7,000 more calories than you eat. So plan on eating 1,800 calories a day. Make that 2,000 if you actually plan on going to the gym rather than jerking off to get your daily exercise in. If you burn 2,800 calories a day for a week (typical for someone your age who works out for around an hour), that gets you to -7,000 calories.

-Count the calories you eat. You can look all that **** up online instead of looking on the boxes of junk food you're no longer going to eat.

-You want a diet that's 40/40/20 split in terms of macro-nutritients. That means 40 % of your calories should come from healthy carb sources, 40% from proteins, and 20% from healthy fats. What's a healthy fat and healthy carb source? Something that isn't processed. You should know what that means by now. If not, just jump off a bridge.

-Get some fats, protein, and carbs at each meal. Eat 5-6 small meals a day to avoid hunger. If you starve yourself your metabolism floors and you won't be able to make that deficit.

-Lift some weight. Muscle mass requires more calories to be maintained than fat tissue so any muscle you can add will aid in your calorie deficit. I think it's a 4:1 ratio but I'm not sure. And do cardio too. The harder the workout you can give your body, the more calories you will be buning later in the day. Walking on the treadmill for a mile while reading US Weekly does not give you the same benefit as running it, even though the calories burned monitor will still read the same number after the same distance.

-Drink water to fight hunger. Your body confuses dehydration with hunger. Cold water raises your metabolism because it burns calories to keep you body temperature up.

-Limit your salt intake. It makes you retain water. The last thing you need is something that makes you even softer.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero

-You want a diet that's 40/40/40 in terms of macro-nutritients. That means 40 % of your calories should come from healthy carb sources, 40% from proteins, and 40% from healthy fats.

You might want to try that again...but good post anyways.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Yes. Caught that a bit late. 40-40-20 is what I meant.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
You might want to try that again...but good post anyways.

Conne's diet = 120% of a regular diet. DUH.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
And if you're going to insist on drinking alcohol because you're an alcoholic, sticks to clear 80-proof liquors with diet mixers and stand while you drink if you're at a bar. You burn quite a few calories standing for an hour relative to sitting.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I just ate half a bacon, artichoke heart, and pesto pizza. But Conne is still a fatass!

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Here's a hypothetical day. Breakfast Scrambled eggs (5 whites, 2 yolks) Apple Snack Almonds Glass of skim milk Lunch Salad with grilled chicken and light oil & vinegar dressing (Not Ranch or Caesar or anything described as creamy) (Workout) Post Workout Protein shake (milk + scoop of whey) Banana (You don't want fats after a workout; it slows protein digestion) Dinner Fish Veggies

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Yo, ding-dong, man! Ding-dong, ding-dong! Yo!"

otter

Reaction score
Here's a hypothetical day.

Breakfast

Scrambled eggs (5 whites, 2 yolks)
Apple

Snack

Almonds
Glass of skim milk

Lunch

Salad with grilled chicken and light oil & vinegar dressing (Not Ranch or Caesar or anything described as creamy)

(Workout)

Post Workout

Protein shake (milk + scoop of whey)
Banana (You don't want fats after a workout; it slows protein digestion)

Dinner

Fish
Veggies

probably need an extra meal, be it shake or solid

also recommend more complex carbs and fibre,especially for your breakfast eg oats

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never thought I'd say this, but please stop ******** up Conne's thread.

manofstyle

Reaction score
You need to be hard on yourself to progress. None of this will be fun, and it's likely you will fail.

Yesterday I had:

3 cans tuna, 1 can baked beans, 1 mini microwave pizza, 2 protein shakes - about 1,500 cals

Exercise: deadlifts, rows, curls, weighted crunches

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You want a diet that's 40/40/20 split in terms of macro-nutritients. That means 40 % of your calories should come from healthy carb sources, 40% from proteins, and 20% from healthy fats. What's a healthy fat and healthy carb source? Something that isn't processed. You should know what that means by now. If not, just jump off a bridge.

It should be a split of 40% protein / 40% fat / 20% carbs if he's trying to drop weight. The standard is a 40/30/30 mix of P/F/C. Unless he's getting a ton of physical activity, more carbs isn't going to help him. By all accounts, he gets the bulk of his exercise right now whacking it and twisting caps off of liquor bottles. I'd be going for a caloric and carb reduction.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
It should be a split of 40% protein / 40% fat / 20% carbs if he's trying to drop weight. The standard is a 40/30/30 mix of P/F/C. Unless he's getting a ton of physical activity, more carbs isn't going to help him. By all accounts, he gets the bulk of his exercise right now whacking it and twisting caps off of liquor bottles. I'd be going for a caloric and carb reduction.

The density of the fats does him no good in his hunger management. And he needs the energy. A low carb diet is the perfect recipe to get him back to where he started after he inevitably fails.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Carbs don't do anything for hunger management, either, especially if it's **** like white bread, bagels, etc. Get your carbs from lots of vegetables and some fruit. I've been doing this and haven't noticed any difference in energy levels or performance in the gym. If anything, I think my workouts have gotten more productive.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Assuming he's eating unprocessed carbs like I told him to, they have a lower calorie density than all healthy fat sources.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads