1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Food Allergies causing weight gain?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by gilwood, Feb 28, 2009.

1. gilwood

gilwood Well-Known Member

Lately, I'm about 10 lbs overweight vs. last year although I'm doing the exact same workout routine and I'm eating about the same foods. The only thing different is that I've been eating more natural peanut butter, which I thought would be better for me if anything. Then I read this article:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Ten-Differen...se-Weight-Gain

I'm starting to think that I'm allergic to nuts and it's causing weight gain. Does anyone know of a way to test this? Would an allergy test pick up this kind of result?

2. why

why Well-Known Member

What the fuck?

No, the allergies aren't. And you aren't eating and exercising the same...

3. gilwood

gilwood Well-Known Member

You don't think it's possible?

I can definitely attest to one allergic problem I solved. I used to have these red, puffy bags under my eyes, plus I used to have puffy, chubby cheeks. Never once did I have a symptom like sneezing or coughing,etc. I read an article about indoor airborne allergens, so I got rid of all my feather pillows and my down comforter and within 2 weeks my eye bags went away and my face tightened up. For the last 3 months, People keep asking me if I got plastic surgery. I actually gained weight, but people think I lost 20 pounds. I'm actually pissed at myself for not realizing this sooner.

Allergies can have many different affects on people.

4. Threak

Threak Well-Known Member

Stop eating peanut butter. You'll find out if it's what's making you fat soon enough.

5. why

why Well-Known Member

You don't think it's possible?

Possibility and probability are often confused. Especially when you're self-diagnosing.

Really, I think you're spending too much time looking for excuses. Cheers for the link though, it's a nice compilation of reasons people dream up for weight gain. I got a kick out of the tumor bit.

6. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member

7. coldarchon

coldarchon Well-Known Member

my allergies made me gain 10 lbs thx to cortisone, but allergies are not the same like a food intolerance ..

8. Tarmac

Tarmac Well-Known Member

I'm eating about the same foods. The only thing different is that I've been eating more natural peanut butter

try eating less peanut butter