• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
he lied!

We didn't get shipped all at once.

we have the
and one more but I forget.

I really like the 33's.

The 47's and 55's will be the first to go!

kalanigee

Reaction score
Heads up. I was browsing through Yoox and there's a pair of 1967 505's in a size 34 posted if anyone's interested.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
If I'm a 33.5 true waist, should I get a size 35 in the 1947 cut?

I don't think you can get a size 35... What you need to do is contact the seller or store and ask for actual measurements and not just the general advice - go up two sizes.

Thing is LVC has had some sizing issues. One season a model would be tagged 32 and measure 32, but the following season it might measure 34. So don't just go with general advice.

The 47 used to be undersized by an inch, so going with a 36 would have been the advice in the past, but nowadays maybe you should go with an 34.

I would however like to say that the denim on the 47 is a bit boring compared to a model like the 55. If you go down a couple of sizes on the 55, you get a similar fit to the 47.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simontuntelder
I don't think you can get a size 35... What you need to do is contact the seller or store and ask for actual measurements and not just the general advice - go up two sizes.

Thing is LVC has had some sizing issues. One season a model would be tagged 32 and measure 32, but the following season it might measure 34. So don't just go with general advice.

The 47 used to be undersized by an inch, so going with a 36 would have been the advice in the past, but nowadays maybe you should go with an 34.

I would however like to say that the denim on the 47 is a bit boring compared to a model like the 55. If you go down a couple of sizes on the 55, you get a similar fit to the 47.

Good advice - my 47s are from 2008 and I went tts (28). They fit spot on after a week of wear. Get measurements before sizing up or down.

tooshay

Reaction score
I'll add and say that I am a W31, and got the 47's in a 33. I don't know how, but when I tried them on before soaking they fit almost perfectly, if a touch oversized. So I returned them for the 34's instead. Crossing my fingers things all work out.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tooshay
I'll add and say that I am a W31, and got the 47's in a 33. I don't know how, but when I tried them on before soaking they fit almost perfectly, if a touch oversized. So I returned them for the 34's instead. Crossing my fingers things all work out.

You can always control shrinkage a but.. If you just want them to shrink a bit the first time, you just cold soak them shortly and then if you need them to shrink more you repeat it again with a cold soak or a warmer soak. The indigo loss is minimal.

Just remember that all jeans stretch.

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simontuntelder
You can always control shrinkage a but.. If you just want them to shrink a bit the first time, you just cold soak them shortly and then if you need them to shrink more you repeat it again with a cold soak or a warmer soak. The indigo loss is minimal.

Just remember that all jeans stretch.

Good advice again. You can easily restrict waist shrinkage to an inch or so by soaking and washing cold. But trying to get more than two inches can be a nightmare.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pablo-T
Good advice again. You can easily restrict waist shrinkage to an inch or so by soaking and washing cold. But trying to get more than two inches can be a nightmare.

Two words - boiling water x 10

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tooshay
Why? What do you mean?

Soak your jeans in boiling water to maximize shrinkage. And do it repeatedly. Of course you can only to it to a certain degree before you reach the limit.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you guys have a fit questions just email us and we will help you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads