• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
ahab jean lenght is perfect don't mess
Cool Jet! I'll leave em.

Alden Brown Scotch Grain Calfskin Wing Tips w/Crepe Sole on the Grant Last from Leather Soul. Jeans are Ande Whall Cougar Bootcut. I was happy with these jeans until I saw the pics. I'll wash and hem.

22810c.jpg

22810b.jpg

22810a.jpg

22810d.jpg

Same jeans with Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe Boot from Leather Soul. I have been wearing these a lot because of the snow and even though I am not a huge fan of black I like these. They seem pretty much indestructible.

22810g.jpg

22810f.jpg

22810e.jpg

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,I am in the market for a pair of NSTs in Cigar, anyone knows where I can get them? I found a pair in Burgundy and Black but need Cigar to complete the trio. Shoemart has them on Barrie last,I need Aberdeen last.

machochino

Reaction score
Wow, the previous Cigar PTBs are beautiful Ahab. I want.

How come the toe shape of the black shell PTBs are different from the cigar shell PTBs? I notice this in a lot of other alden shoes too even though they're on the same barrie last. Some have a flat shape when looking at it head on, others are more bulbous.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by machochino
Wow, the previous Cigar PTBs are beautiful Ahab. I want.

How come the toe shape of the black shell PTBs are different from the cigar shell PTBs? I notice this in a lot of other alden shoes too even though they're on the same barrie last. Some have a flat shape when looking at it head on, others are more bulbous.

I am not sure why but it is very noticeable in real life as well. The cigar are a shoe and the black are boots but the boots look much thinner than the shoe. The boots fit well. All the other Plain Toe Bluchers I have seen on the Barrie last look like the cigar PTB's too.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
I am not sure why but it is very noticeable in real life as well. The cigar are a shoe and the black are boots but the boots look much thinner than the shoe. The boots fit well. All the other Plain Toe Bluchers I have seen on the Barrie last look like the cigar PTB's too.

I've found the barrie last to be inconsistent in sizing from one style of shoe / boot to another.

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone in HK wants the BBBF Black Pebble Grain Deerskin Double Monk on a Grant Last I suggest they get themselves over to Central Station where you will find them 40% off.

I took the 8.5 but there is a 9 and 9.5 - I find the length to run 1 whole size large and the width to be about 3/4 of a size large

I wear 9 in Trubalance and 9.5 in Plaza.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I just wore my new Cordovan Longwings for about an hour around the house. Size 8.5D, I usually wear size 9 shoes. The left one fits good, but the right one has a slight amount of heel slippage. I'm wondering if a size 8 would be a better fit for me?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
This is the only worthwhile thread in sw with all the room temp pillow biters running rampant on this forum.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
This is the only worthwhile thread in sw with all the room temp pillow biters running rampant on this forum.

+1, it's the only SW thread I check regularly.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These shoes shine up really well. I wear them with skinny jeans all of the time. Alden Men's Wing Tip Bal Oxford Calfskin in Burgandy. Plaza Last. The side pics did not come out well so sometime I will post the side pics.
30110g.jpg
But the real reason I wanted to post is a thread from Men's Clothing. These look fun: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=168589

JonB27

Reaction score
Nice longwings posted on the last page Ahab... I think I need some longwings in my life!

chenc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeterParker
The blind eyelets on Leffot's Cigar rendition of the Indy is a dealbreaker for me. The Indy just doesn't look proper without the eyelets, and I can't think of a situation where I would choose blind eyelets on a pair of boots - even if it meant passing on Cigar shell. About Cigar shell: I thought it was supposed to be difficult to come by and that Alden was very limited with its releases. The fact the Leffot is doing a second run and already taking orders for a third, all to be released this year, kinda defeats that notion. If Cigar shell is indeed limited in production, I'd much rather see the material used for a variety of makeups than the same boot over and over again.
You do realize Leffot's current reserve order for cigar Indy is for Fall 2010 delivery? That's a about a year and half from now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads