• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arizor
Great looking shoes Ahab. Any chance of fit pics?
As soon as I get some decent weather bro!
frown.gif

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn Ahab, choosing between cigar and ravello is almost an impossible task. I can see why you had to have BOTH!

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do people think whiskey is too light for everyday wear?

I think they are great with jeans...but with charcoal pants, is it...close?

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i also want a pair of the longwings in ravello ahab how much did the cost and whats the number to that alden store in dc? thanks in advance.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
So jealous ahab.

chiamdream

Reaction score
I know these aren't really SW&D, but I got 'em yesterday and man oh man am I in love. First pair of shells.

4392700158_a5871e81a9_b.jpg

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's rare and wonderful to cigar, whisky, and ravello brogues all happily cohabitating in a single collection.

If pressed to make a choice between the cigar and ravello, I would go with cigar. They look so much more interesting against that contrast sole than the ravello shoes look. The lighter soles on cigar shoes just round out the look--esp. once the soles start getting a bit marred and beat up and leathery looking (I feel this way about the indy's too). It shows the beautiful shell off to much better effect than the soles on the ravello.

I usually don't care for whisky but these look really great in that configuration.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys!
blush.gif
Originally Posted by crosswound
i also want a pair of the longwings in ravello ahab how much did the cost and whats the number to that alden store in dc? thanks in advance.
Here is the number from the card: (202) 347-2308 They set me back around $635. I traded in a pair of shoes so I am not sure how much, if at all, that affected price plus I picked up the white suede saddle shoes and some other stuffs. Here are some fit pics from today. Alden Cigar Plain Toe Bluchers, Barrie Last. The more I wear these shoes the more I love them. Jeans are SEXDBXS09 from Self Edge. They are awesome jeans but the rise is low and takes getting used to and I may have them hemmed a little long for SF tastes. I am still trying to get comfortable with shorter pants.
22710c.jpg
22710b.jpg
22710d.jpg
22710a.jpg

iansir

Reaction score
Very glad to see Epaulet got in the chromexcel indys....placed my order this morning
smile.gif
. Too tired of waiting for NRO to get their act together!

dux

Reaction score
what's a good place to buy Alden's online with international shipping as well... any suggestions??
I'm a size 8.5D. thanks in advance!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
ahab jean lenght is perfect don't mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics