Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Cool Jet! I'll leave em.

Alden Brown Scotch Grain Calfskin Wing Tips w/Crepe Sole on the Grant Last from Leather Soul. Jeans are Ande Whall Cougar Bootcut. I was happy with these jeans until I saw the pics. I'll wash and hem.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same jeans with Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe Boot from Leather Soul. I have been wearing these a lot because of the snow and even though I am not a huge fan of black I like these. They seem pretty much indestructible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. forex

forex Senior member

Guys,I am in the market for a pair of NSTs in Cigar, anyone knows where I can get them? I found a pair in Burgundy and Black but need Cigar to complete the trio. Shoemart has them on Barrie last,I need Aberdeen last.

3. machochino

machochino Senior member

Wow, the previous Cigar PTBs are beautiful Ahab. I want.

How come the toe shape of the black shell PTBs are different from the cigar shell PTBs? I notice this in a lot of other alden shoes too even though they're on the same barrie last. Some have a flat shape when looking at it head on, others are more bulbous.

4. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Wow, the previous Cigar PTBs are beautiful Ahab. I want.

How come the toe shape of the black shell PTBs are different from the cigar shell PTBs? I notice this in a lot of other alden shoes too even though they're on the same barrie last. Some have a flat shape when looking at it head on, others are more bulbous.

I am not sure why but it is very noticeable in real life as well. The cigar are a shoe and the black are boots but the boots look much thinner than the shoe. The boots fit well. All the other Plain Toe Bluchers I have seen on the Barrie last look like the cigar PTB's too.

5. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

I am not sure why but it is very noticeable in real life as well. The cigar are a shoe and the black are boots but the boots look much thinner than the shoe. The boots fit well. All the other Plain Toe Bluchers I have seen on the Barrie last look like the cigar PTB's too.

I've found the barrie last to be inconsistent in sizing from one style of shoe / boot to another.

6. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

If anyone in HK wants the BBBF Black Pebble Grain Deerskin Double Monk on a Grant Last I suggest they get themselves over to Central Station where you will find them 40% off.

I took the 8.5 but there is a 9 and 9.5 - I find the length to run 1 whole size large and the width to be about 3/4 of a size large

I wear 9 in Trubalance and 9.5 in Plaza.

7. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Great boots Ahab, especially the black PTBs.

8. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

So I just wore my new Cordovan Longwings for about an hour around the house. Size 8.5D, I usually wear size 9 shoes. The left one fits good, but the right one has a slight amount of heel slippage. I'm wondering if a size 8 would be a better fit for me?

9. mechanical pencil

mechanical pencil Senior member

Heel slippage should go away as the sole becomes more flexible.

10. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

Heel slippage should go away as the sole becomes more flexible.

+1

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

This is the only worthwhile thread in sw with all the room temp pillow biters running rampant on this forum.

12. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

This is the only worthwhile thread in sw with all the room temp pillow biters running rampant on this forum.

+1, it's the only SW thread I check regularly.

13. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

These shoes shine up really well. I wear them with skinny jeans all of the time. Alden Men's Wing Tip Bal Oxford Calfskin in Burgandy. Plaza Last. The side pics did not come out well so sometime I will post the side pics. [​IMG] But the real reason I wanted to post is a thread from Men's Clothing. These look fun: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=168589

14. JonB27

JonB27 Senior member

Nice longwings posted on the last page Ahab... I think I need some longwings in my life!

15. chenc

chenc Senior member

The blind eyelets on Leffot's Cigar rendition of the Indy is a dealbreaker for me. The Indy just doesn't look proper without the eyelets, and I can't think of a situation where I would choose blind eyelets on a pair of boots - even if it meant passing on Cigar shell. About Cigar shell: I thought it was supposed to be difficult to come by and that Alden was very limited with its releases. The fact the Leffot is doing a second run and already taking orders for a third, all to be released this year, kinda defeats that notion. If Cigar shell is indeed limited in production, I'd much rather see the material used for a variety of makeups than the same boot over and over again.
    You do realize Leffot's current reserve order for cigar Indy is for Fall 2010 delivery? That's a about a year and half from now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.