• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTF With Canadian Hockey Fans

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry, I just don't get how Canadian Hockey fans (since the World Jnrs in Vancouver) could root against the USA when they play a European Opponent. I know Don Cherry ranted about this a few years ago, and I agree.

I'd rather see a North American style of hockey win...if its not Team USA, it would be Canada.

Is this like penis envy or something? Please, Canucks, clue me in...did I miss something? Trust me, as much as I'd love it, we are not trying to steal your game...getting hockey on the Sports pages and talk radio down here is non-existent and all the sports talk guys are just clueless on it. So its still your game...but how about some support eh?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Sorry, I just don't get how Canadian Hockey fans (since the World Jnrs in Vancouver) could root against the USA when they play a European Opponent. I know Don Cherry ranted about this a few years ago, and I agree.

I'd rather see a North American style of hockey win...if its not Team USA, it would be Canada.

Is this like penis envy or something? Please, Canucks, clue me in...did I miss something? Trust me, as much as I'd love it, we are not trying to steal your game...getting hockey on the Sports pages and talk radio down here is non-existent and all the sports talk guys are just clueless on it. So its still your game...but how about some support eh?

By and large, Canadians do not like Yanks. It's really that simple.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know. I just cheer for whatever will get the most entertaining matchup.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If the Canadians had lost, i'd be going for the russians. Why should I automatically go for the US? Some of my favorite players are on the Russian team. I don't give a **** which style wins.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
By and large, Canadians do not like Yanks. It's really that simple.
That's certainly not the case with me, but it doesn't mean I should feel compelled to cheer for team USA. I cheer for the team with my favorite players. I couldn't care less what country they play for.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
That's certainly not the case with me, but it doesn't mean I should feel compelled to cheer for team USA. I cheer for the team with my favorite players. I couldn't care less what country they play for.

I equally despise and like the citizens of both countries. However, in all honesty, we all know what I said is the truth.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If the Canadians had lost, i'd be going for the russians. Why should I automatically go for the US? Some of my favorite players are on the Russian team. I don't give a **** which style wins.

What was the World Jnr excuse? Do you follow Russian junior players? I guess I can understand the inferiority complex though, and I say that with all due respect.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
What was the World Jnr excuse? Do you follow Russian junior players? I guess I can understand the inferiority complex though, and I say that with all due respect.

I can't answer for others but did I say I even watched the world juniors? No. If anyone has some sort of complex, it's you. Why you care this much is baffling.

jesask

Reaction score
I, for one don't understand the booing. I was at the New Years Eve World Junior game and I was not too crazy about it. The US plays the game like we do and that should be recognized.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't answer for others but did I say I even watched the world juniors? No. If anyone has some sort of complex, it's you. Why you care this much is baffling.

No complex, just curious...you seem to be getting awfully angry.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's just a ******* rivalry, what is there to get? Your whole post has a tone that seems like you're just trying to stir **** up. There's no ill will meant towards the country or it's players, it's just a sports rivalry.

Like how Canucks fans hate the Flames, and how Wild fans hate the Canucks.

I am happy to see Kipprusucks get reamed by the US today, only because he's a Flames player.

PiperInAlberta

Reaction score
It's a rivalry, pure and simple. Just like my 'Anyone but the Maple Leafs/Canadiens' cheer whenever they play...and they're Canadian teams and I'm Canadian. Maybe you're just bitter because your team (as I assume it is from your screen name) is firmly in the race for bottom 10 in the league.

And judging by the 'sportsmanship' both your teams (especially the women) have exhibited over the past, I understand why Canadians cheer for whomever plays against team USA.

Now that Lindsay Vonn, on the other hand....I'll cheer for her any day.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PiperInAlberta

I'll eat the cheese off her leg anyday
drool.gif

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PiperInAlberta

Does she have a thread yet?

As for the booing, it's because of the rivalry pure and simple.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads