• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Khakis?

the_state

Reaction score
Supreme's chinos and Uniqlo UVC are pretty much all I wear in the khaki dept.

Glenn O'Brien heavily endorses the Supreme joints, which says a lot.

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
If you're skinny, the Mr. Olive khakis are the best fitting ones of the many I've tried. They are tight in the top block and the leg goes straight down with very little taper. The fit reminds me of a slim straight leg jean in a small waist size. Here's a fit pic. For reference I am 5'10" 142 lbs and wearing the size 29...

chinos.jpg

Most other so called "skinny" chinos I've tried have roomy hips and thighs together with huge amounts of taper in the lower part of the leg, as if they're designed for heavier people whom wish to have a slimmer looking fit. The Wings+Horns chinos from SS09 are like this and they looked terrible on me.

Mr. Olive chinos are my favorite too. I have a pair for sale here that are unfortunately too small for me.

Regal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dunelly
must be me, i like how their pants fit with the xs shirts, gives a good looser silhouette without looking baggy.

No I think you're right, the fit is good. I tried them on again after I posted and they look a lot better than I'd thought. It's a slim cut without looking skinny, which is what I like and also what I think works best for khakis (as in they're still appropriate for places where you shouldn't wear jeans).

dunelly

Reaction score
yea,after i tried them on, i realized they are a perfect fit. i realized how much looser my jeans can be without looking baggy. Adds volume to your leg if you have twig legs like me
also fits well with the jcrew tops

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Picked up a pair of RL Prospect pants at Macys for $69. A classic, somewhat baggy fit. Impressed with the heavy cotton twill and stitching. They are actually heavier than my Bills, but not as soft. I think they will last me awhile.

As I rummage through my closet, I still think BR Gavin chinos from a few years back is the best slim-fitting casual pant I own. They've switched to more of a brushed cotton twill in recent years, which is not as good.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Does anybody have fit pics of Bills Khakis M3?

I have been thinking about buying some, as I have read some good reviews, but I don't know if the fit is right for me.

So far I quite like the fit of Our Legacy chinos, but the fabric leaves a lot to be desired. I quite like my Margaret Howells and Woolrich Woolen Mills.

I have also tried some from Ralph Lauren on Brooks Brothers, but the fit wasn't to my liking on them.

Unfortunately these days it seems you have to choose between fit or fabric. This is of course if you want a tapered/modern fit.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got some great italian made eu dockers. Heavy fabric, double fabric ********** area, cinchback.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
just got some great italian made eu dockers. Heavy fabric, double fabric ********** area, cinchback.

Are they the limited edition selvage khakis? The K2 project.

I have them (can't remember what year), but the fit isn't really what I want. Maybe I shouldn't have spent almost $400 on them. So if anybody wants them (size 32) at a good price, let me know.

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acw816
where can you get Mr. Olive chinos? proxy?

Proxy, or you can pay to import them (usually comes out to 190USD when all's said and done), or you could buy mine from my for sale thread.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting on the arrival of a couple of pair of khakis from Bonobos. They look good on the site so let's hope they look as nice in person.

I figure with free shipping both ways, it will not hurt to give them a try.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simontuntelder
Are they the limited edition selvage khakis? The K2 project.

I have them (can't remember what year), but the fit isn't really what I want. Maybe I shouldn't have spent almost $400 on them. So if anybody wants them (size 32) at a good price, let me know.

No, these predates the recent K-1 series, and are just called EU dockers. Great cut and fabric for me though, but the latter isnt up to k-1 standards.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads