• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Khakis?

BeerBaron

Reaction score
The only J Crew chinos I can wear are the urban slim fit. They leg opening is still pretty narrow but they're slim through the thighs (not too slim, though, I have bigger thighs and they're still comfortable.) The B&M stores only seem to carry the slim fit in the broken-in chino, but the more work-appropriate Bowery pants also come in an urban slim fit version.

Those Wolf vs. Goat pants look awesome, too. I usually buy cheap khakis because I sweat like a pig in the summer so I have to wash them a lot, but those look like they might even get better with age.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arced
Not to threadjack, but can someone recommend the best lightweight khakis? I'll be Tokyo during the brutal summer, so I trying to figure out what's the closest khakis to shorts.

Maybe look for something like a 5-6oz poplin or a linen?

J.B.R

Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of the Bills Khakis M3 Cotton Poplin, I hope they fit correctly, I always have issues with pants and jeans.

BossTweed

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the rise of J. Crew's urban slim fit pants; I assume the Bowery pant and the normal chinos have the same cut. I'm hoping for something in the 10"-11" range, certainly <12".

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Bill's on B&S. They were a slim cut and they are way too baggy for me. I need to find another brand.

skiwebster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I bought a pair of Bill's on B&S. They were a slim cut and they are way too baggy for me. I need to find another brand.

+1. Bills M3 might be the worst cut pants I've ever owned. Slim up top and then from the mid thigh down just gets flowy and baggy. Great material though. I ended up cutting mine up into shorts. the y look great.

J.B.R

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skiwebster
+1. Bills M3 might be the worst cut pants I've ever owned. Slim up top and then from the mid thigh down just gets flowy and baggy. Great material though. I ended up cutting mine up into shorts. the y look great.

good thing they were only $60 shipped then.

negusnegas

Reaction score
picked up some steven alans about a year ago at their sample sale for 30 bucks and I have to say the best fitting and most comfortable khaki's I have ever owned.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are we talking "flowy and baggy" because you have a 28" waist or we talking "flowy and baggy" as in suburban dad going golfing? I imagine, due to their target market, it might be more of the latter. I prefer something in between the extremes (Mr. Olive on one end, fatass surbanite on the other).

smile.gif

skiwebster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlieAngel
Are we talking "flowy and baggy" because you have a 28" waist or we talking "flowy and baggy" as in suburban dad going golfing? I imagine, due to their target market, it might be more of the latter. I prefer something in between the extremes (Mr. Olive on one end, fatass surbanite on the other).

smile.gif

Imagine those JNCO jeans that wear popular in the mid-90's. But with a slim top part. It is a really bizzare fit. I think I remember the leg opening covering my entire shoe.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Imagine those JNCO jeans that wear popular in the mid-90's. But with a slim top part. It is a really bizzare fit. I think I remember the leg opening covering my entire shoe.

Gotcha. I had a pair of those back in my raver days. I stopped when I was in danger of putting my pants on the wrong way in the dark. 36" leg openings? Wow.
biggrin.gif

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
I have a candidate for the best khakis... I recently saw some khakis from the Danish company Han Kjøbenhavn, which is a up and coming brand - that you might have a hard time finding, as most stockits are Danish. They were originally sold eyewear but has since the expanded with full collection. Last season everything was indigo dyed and made in Japan.

The fabric was thich and had a great texture. All seams were felled and triple stitched. And the fit was really great IMO. They were around $175, which is probably expensive in US terms, but rather cheap in Denmark.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
our shop had a great collab with Ragn and Bone (who I can not stand at all) that fit perfect, can't wait to get my pair.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J.Crew's classic fit are still my favorite khakis. They won't work if you have super-skinny legs or want a really tight fit, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads