• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing RJB - Real Japan Blues

daruma

Reaction score
Is it advisable to size down 3 with the 106? I am a size 34, planning to get a tagged size 31 (waist 33). Hoping that these's stretch to a 34 once soaked and stretched...going for a slim look to wear with either Purcell's or some Superga's Also, I noticed that the 106s have a zip fly. Does that affect its look at all? I'm thinking once it's soaked the denim will also shrink or pull the fabric the zipper's attached to creating a weird look.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
uhhhhhhh
Disclaimer: These jeans are made of unsanforized denim, when washed the denim will shrink 2.5" in the waist, 3" in the length (inseam), .6" in the leg opening, .5" in the rise, and .8" in the thigh. Please keep this in mind when choosing your size. The denim will also stretch in the waist up to 1" after approximately 30 wears. Basic rule of thumb here is that these will shrink TO the tagged waist size.

daruma

Reaction score
I read in Superfuture that Kiya sized down almost the same because his 29's measured a 32. I would've posted there but I don't have an account there =p

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by daruma
Is it advisable to size down 3 with the 106? I am a size 34, planning to get a tagged size 31 (waist 33). Hoping that these's stretch to a 34 once soaked and stretched...going for a slim look to wear with either Purcell's or some Superga's Also, I noticed that the 106s have a zip fly. Does that affect its look at all? I'm thinking once it's soaked the denim will also shrink or pull the fabric the zipper's attached to creating a weird look.

I have no idea how you think you're going to fit into a jean that measures 31" in the waist when you're actually a 34" waist.

Originally Posted by grundletaint
uhhhhhhh

Yes.

Originally Posted by daruma
I read in Superfuture that Kiya sized down almost the same because his 29's measured a 32. I would've posted there but I don't have an account there =p

I didn't size down, i wear a 29 or 30 in all Flat Head and Heart Jeans.
My jeans shrunk down to 29" after the first hot soak, they've stretch 2.5" or so after a year and a half of wear.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pre-soak. cuffed to avoid dragging them and for some reason the flash went off for the rear shot.
IMG_0868.jpg
IMG_0869.jpg
initial impressions: they're badass. nice slub to them, lightweight and soft, and the zipper is a welcome change from trying to force buttons on steel denim. the large coin pocket rules because my car FOB will fit into it now.

givemefive

Reaction score
That's a very good presoak fit.

They are quite an awesome jean. I tried them on last week and definitely will be getting them at some point.

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I like the name, "Real Blues Japan," better.

Yeah, but then it would sound too much like Pure Blue Japan.

Dunno if I like the bacpockets on these...

givemefive

Reaction score
Get some post soak fit pics up!
Originally Posted by Earnest Hemingway
Dunno if I like the bacpockets on these...
It's a cursive R Although I will probably remove the stitching on my pair.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by givemefive
Get some post soak fit pics up!
dude believe me i want to. they are hanging. damp. staring. taunting. driving me insane
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
i like the pocket stitching. it looks really cool in person

givemefive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
dude believe me i want to. they are hanging. damp. staring. taunting. driving me insane
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
i like the pocket stitching. it looks really cool in person

tie them to a fan, cuts the dry time in half easy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads