• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Quote(s)

qma

Reaction score
"The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes. If you foolishly ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it. Your life will be impoverished. But if you invest in beauty, it will remain with you all the days of your life" - Frank Lloyd Wright "The best way to predict the future is to create it" - Peter Drucker "Don't ask me who's influenced me. A lion is made up of the lambs he's digested, and I've been reading all of my life" - Charles de Gaulle "Get the habit of analysis - analysis will in time enable synthesis to become your habit of mind" - Frank Lloyd Wright "Early in life I had to chose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose the former and have seen no reason to change" - Frank Lloyd Wright "I love deadlines. I like the whoosing sound they make as they go by" - Douglas Adams

GlenCoe

Reaction score
if you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough
A.Einstein

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Epigrams. I'm going home."

"Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage."

MichaelBish71

Reaction score
"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier, or not having been at sea." Samuel Johnson

qma

Reaction score
"Wherever we are, it is but a stage on the way to somewhere else, and whatever we do, however well we do it, it is only a preparation to do something else that shall be different" - Robert Louis Stevenson

Sherlockian

Reaction score
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
- Groucho Marx, referring to Conne

"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months" - Wilde, bemoaning his ban from the Hypebeast forums

"Oh you fuckin' bastard" - Lenny McLean in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

aKula

Reaction score
"One minute you’re drinking in a bar and they come and tell you your kid’s been born, the next thing you know they’re heading off to college." - Roger Sterling in Mad Men.

dkexige

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unbreakable
Mythbusters aired it
smile.gif

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! -- Adam Savage

.dk

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aKula
"One minute you're drinking in a bar and they come and tell you your kid's been born, the next thing you know they're heading off to college." - Roger Sterling in Mad Men.

Very quoteable show. Two of my favorites:

"Bet you wish you could pour that in a glass and drink it"

"And now, a commercial break, brought to you by more liquor"

GlenCoe

Reaction score
edit

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"It wasn't me!"

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution or that have failed their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is ``needed'' before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents "interests,'' I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads