• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the best hotel you've ever stayed at . . . and why?

majorhancock

Reaction score
Mine would have to be the five-star Hotel Marquis Faubourg St. Honoré in Paris. It's an all-suite hotel in the former townhouse of the Marquis de LaFayette, who fought with George Washington the the American Revolutionary War. Very close to the Madeleine church. Stunning decor by the Italian designer Michele Bönan from Florence. Self-service cocktails in the lobby at 3 am after a night out was a memorable experience. I've stayed a numerous hotels in Paris, but this one is a cut above.

What is your favorite hotel of all time?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-13 at 8.36.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-13 at 8.36.34 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 147

outofstyles

Reaction score
My wife and I recently returned from an amazing week in Cairo. We stayed at the Four Seasons Nile Plaza which was absolutely stunning you could check this out https://www.fourseasons.com/caironp...NzQ2tJ7OMSBkgon0LbxoCD6gQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds The rooms were huge and so luxuriously appointed. The staff there were beyond friendly and helpful too. It was the perfect home base for exploring the city and I know it become my favorite hotel of all the travel that I made. The view, services and even the people they are all the best, speaking of the best, I also want to flex our guide from GoWithGuide https://gowithguide.com/egypt/cairo Our guide was Aton and he truly made our trip extra special. He was so knowledgeable about the history and gave us a deeper understanding of Egyptian culture. He also had great suggestions for navigating crowds and avoiding lines. We never felt rushed with him.
It was such a wonderful trip made even better thanks to the Four Seasons and Aton. Cairo overwhelmed my expectations and I'm already thinking of when I can return!

leapyourbar

Reaction score
Waldorf Astoria room 15H. Insane. After that, funnest hotel I've stayed at is the Surfcomber in Miami. Took my wife and my (then) two month old, and it's just the very best atmosphere for relaxing. Party vibes, but not obnoxiously so. Honorable mentions to Hotel Megamare in south Italia, and Leon's Place in Rome.

Mike Colady

Reaction score
Mine would have to be the five-star Hotel Marquis Faubourg St. Honoré in Paris. It's an all-suite hotel in the former townhouse of the Marquis de LaFayette, who fought with George Washington the the American Revolutionary War. Very close to the Madeleine church and explore now. Stunning decor by the Italian designer Michele Bönan from Florence. Self-service cocktails in the lobby at 3 am after a night out was a memorable experience. I've stayed a numerous hotels in Paris, but this one is a cut above.

What is your favorite hotel of all time?
Hey, I'm going to Costa Del Sol, Spain and also looking for a hotel except Airbnb. Is there anyone wo can help?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads