• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otter
kent, i have to say that i really like bomber, but imo i dont think the bomber suits your bodytype as its making you look too boxy

In essence, the A-2 fit is boxy. But that's why I also say i think the shoulders could have been brought in a little; it would have slimmed the jacket up. But the jacket looks pretty spot on when zipped up and I think it's pretty suiting. I think the photo is slightly misleading because it is open, and the back of the hem tends to wrap around on ****** (because it was cut longer) so it opens up the front more, making it look boxier.

huynhm

Reaction score
Can you actually tuck your hands into the side pockets? Are they sewn in?

Originally Posted by atuhsad
My friend took a pic going out last night (hence the smile) and since there was a request to see a fit pic of the Stephan Schneider coat i posted in recent purchase and the recent love for SS, i thought it wouldnt hurt to post. Its only Iphone (so excuse the quality, but nonetheless, i think you can make out the fit:

16bmrrt.jpg

2jdjj8p.jpg

Scarf is nom de guerre (fwiw, even though not pictured, pants are dries van noten and boots are margiela and shirt is jil sander to give you an idea of the outfit)

I am very happy with the coat. It is a little more substantial than it appears, and there is some nice detailing around the cuff of the sleeves as well as behind the lapels. My b-day is soon, am i am getting a camera as a gift so better pics will follow soon.

otter

Reaction score
that's why I also say i think the shoulders could have been brought in a little; it would have slimmed the jacket up
disagree, it would have made you look like a triangle

imo the bomber suits ppl with leaner bodies, as it makes guys with boxy silhouettes even more boxy

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otter
disagree, it would have made you look like a triangle imo the bomber suits ppl with leaner bodies, as it makes guys with boxy silhouettes even more boxy
Let me correct myself, had the shoulders been brought in slightly, and had the cut been a little shorter from collar to hem, the jacket would have most definitely been more form fitting while open (it wouldn't have to wrap around ****** which has a considerably bigger circumference than my upper waste). The A-2 was made for aviators, and these are dudes that weren't very scrawny necessarily. Though the A-2 is considered boxy by modern standards, and it doesnt look as sleek as a moto or whatever on a bigger person, I don't think they are out of place on someone with a bigger frame. Though a boxy person may become boxier, it's a matter of acquired taste. And A-2s have a bad reputation thanks to overweight dads and I think its hard to shake the prejudice.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
you're spending way too much time in that laundry room.
uhoh.gif

its warmer than outside in there and there is a dry,place to set my camera. but yeah i have been in there more often than I'd like or should be I agree.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by I<3Bacon
He cannot afford to have the shoulders any narrower than they already are.

Overall not a bad fit on the J Crizzle shirt and it seems sized correctly in terms of shoulder and arm length, but the hulk arms (as expected for J Crew) really do stand out there compared to the slimmer silhouette of the jeans. Replace the jeans with fuller cut pants and the amount of fabric overflowing the arm area is less pronounced.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Nice Chrono, living in a colder climate has definitely afforded you the luxury to play around more with layering etc. Good stuff! "Nice Black *****".
Thanks. I wish i had more layering stuff and didn't suck at it. My winter wardrobe is a travesty save a few outfits. I've basically decided to just "survive" this winter and wait till next winter to get some better stuff. I do like the fall/spring when it's like 35-60 though as i have a lot of freedom in terms of light jackets, cardis, scarves, etc... Is the black ***** thing a comment about my neck beard? It's not as long as it was like a month ago when it was seriously out of hand. I'd have a pretty nice pedostache if i shaved everything but though

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I think he's referring to the cat magnet on the fridge... possibly!

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^haha, true. especially when presented in both italics and quotations marks. you'd think it'd be a metaphor for "something"!
laugh.gif

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
really undecided on this. i'm not sure about the tee hanging down past the jacket, lots of you guys seem to be able to do that, i don't know about this though.

It makes me really tempted to tuck in my tshirt like brando. I know, i know. maybe it's just cos i watched A Streetcar Named Desire the other day.
DSC00230.jpg

otter

Reaction score
i'm not sure about the tee hanging down past the jacket
this should be the least of your problems

Exit English

Reaction score
This is my first time posting in this thread. My friend took photos of me the other day for a project he was working on.
l.jpg
Brixton Hat LL Bean Sweater Omega Watch Naked & Famous Denim Circa Shoes

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessbaumung
This is my first time posting in this thread. My friend took photos of me the other day for a project he was working on.

l.jpg

Brixton Hat
LL Bean Sweater
Omega Watch
Naked & Famous Denim
Circa Shoes

New or old Norweigan sweater? Thoughts on the construction and fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads