• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tenth Anniversary Gift Suggestions

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
well, traditionally the 10th anniversary is the "tin" or "aluminum" anniversary, yes? so in the aluminum family, how about this:
500x_2010_Audi_R8_V10.jpg

Or in keeping with that theme. This...
2358189732_9d2c40ba5c.jpg

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After nearly ten years together, my fiancÃ
00a9.png
and I rarely buy each other big gifts. There's the occassional jewelry or something we see that we know the other will like. For the most part, though, we do better getting things we want on our own. For meaningful presents, we try to have shared experiences. The memories seem to have more significance to us.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
00a9.png
and I rarely buy each other big gifts. There's the occassional jewelry or something we see that we know the other will like. For the most part, though, we do better getting things we want on our own. For meaningful presents, we try to have shared experiences. The memories seem to have more significance to us.

10 years together ad not married??? You gonna **** or get off the pot?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
She is of personal meaning to me. There isn't anything that she could buy that would matter much in that way. Anyways, she wants to buy me a suit or a couple of pair of shoes or something, and I am not very imaginative. I don't wear watches, so that wouldn't work.
Visit Delos and Charvet. Feel free to use my name [/seitelfran]

Come to think of it, a cat is fine too.

Originally Posted by Parker
Dunhill Red Coral Cufflinks
Ha ha.

Originally Posted by zbromer
00a9.png

Don't we still add an "e" to fiance if we are engaged to a woman in this language? I feel I am fighting a losing battle.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've revised my earlier thoughts. Masters tickets. If price is no object, tickets for you and your buddies, a rental house in Augusta for the week, and a personal chef, which is nice to avoid the crowds out to eat. I've got recommendations.

Originally Posted by edmorel
10 years together ad not married??? You gonna **** or get off the pot?

October. We're out on the west coast right now dealing with vendors and all that fun stuff. She has a lot of patience to wait around for me.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Matt, have you two been on a safari yet? If not, it can be really great.

If the two of you dive, a South Seas atoll trip is pretty cool...the reefs and even some of the atolls will be gone in our lifetimes.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
well, traditionally the 10th anniversary is the "tin" or "aluminum" anniversary, yes?

so in the aluminum family, how about this:

500x_2010_Audi_R8_V10.jpg

Since Poo already knows that someone on my staff drives one of these, I think he deems it dÃ
00a9.png
classÃ
00a9.png

Matt, does the gift need to be really Jewish? Hurdy-gurdy and so forth?

****: my tenth is coming up.

- B

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Vox's idea of not buying a "thing" but having a new adventure or experience together.

Check out GeoEx in San Francisco. They are always one of the top travel companies in the world. A major part of their business is putting together private trips. They set you up with local connections, guides, events...everything. I have a client who is leading couples and small groups to India for private culinary tours with them. They are very impressive. http://www.geoex.com/private_expeditions/index.asp

If you would rather buy a "thing", why not look for a collectible that reflects your tastes and has a function. How about an original mid-century chair or desk?

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

I had a wonderful trip to Tanzania through Mountain Travel Sobek. I'm pretty sure they can customize trips. It's a great experience to share with someone, and it's rather amazing how luxurious things can actually be out in the bush.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

If the two of you dive, a South Seas atoll trip is pretty cool...the reefs and even some of the atolls will be gone in our lifetimes.

- B

Yes, this is correct.

You could also try the Argentina helicopter fly-fishing adventure which I highly recommend. Beautiful scenery, a built in activity to learn and you eat what you catch.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Matt, what about full body laser treatments for you? It's really a gift the two of you can enjoy.
Matt = our forum Samson. Do not depilate him.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Matt, I would second the experience thing. either together or just you. I went myself to easter island last year as a birthday present, and it was the first vacation alone I had taken since meeting my wife, it was actually very cool. some type of "guy" thing - like emptym suggested - martial arts camp, camping, an adverture camp, cooking school, something like that. I know a good school in montreal that does private 2-3 day seminars tailored for you. you could stay at a nice hotel, eat nice food and spend the day getting kicked around. I can also suggest a similar school in bangkok.

if you go with the couple option, chile/argentina is a great option. good food and wine, good hotels, and great scenary.

have fun

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I am looking for a thing, because she is looking to get me a thing, not a vacation or experience (though the Masters trip piques my interest) mainly because I am taking us on a trip similar for our anniversary similar to some of those mentioned.

I like the shotgun idea, though I hate guns.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads