• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Golden Globes

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
No discussion thread kinda thing?

Was funny when Scorsese was doing his speech and talking about all the great directors old and present and the camera immediately panned to George Lucas who wasn't mentioned amongst like 10 names. haha

Also, Ricky Gervais had a brutal joke when introducing the presenter for best director. I'm paraphrasing so forgive me.

Ricky Comes out to the stage with a half empty glass of beer and starts being goofy
"You sometimes need a drink when around all these stars. Don't get me wrong, i love a drink as much as the next guy........unless that next guy is our next presenter Mel Gibson"

Priceless. Mel didn't seem like he saw it coming and was clearly frazzled and quickly did his lame joke and announced the nominees. Ricky quickly walked the opposite direction as mel. Was awesome. I only started watching around 9:15

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, maybe ricky is funnier than I thought.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ricky has been killing it all night!

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
ricky gervais happened to be quite funny in the beginning (I had to watch because the girlfriend was over
plain.gif
)

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
yeah, maybe ricky is funnier than I thought.

I think he's one of those naturally funny and incredibly witty guys. Doubt it would carry over to standup or feature films. I have a friend with a very similar sense of humor who has a mind like a steel trap like that and is incredibly good at bringing up minute details of a conversation from 10-120 minutes before and making a great joke out of it. Seems like a good guy and he is funny in some interviews i've seen.

How happy did mike tyson look semi-accepting the golden globe for best comedy? Was hilarious

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ricky also made a funny joke about P Mcartney! Classic...

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fairholme_wannabe
Did anyone see Christina Hendricks? WOw
It's like those ******* floated her on to the stage
wow.gif
Also really liked all the NBC/Leno jokes from pre-show to the actual show.
lol8[1].gif

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fairholme_wannabe
Did anyone see Christina Hendricks? WOw
christina-hendricks-golden-globes-red-carpetjpg-28f8955fc3e69767_large.jpg

I see why it is called the Golden Globes...

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Infrasonic

Yes indeed.
smile.gif

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Infrasonic

Go Knoxville!! woo woo

Yeah Ricky was way better than I thought he would be. My favorite was the Gibson one also.
crackup[1].gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No discussion thread kinda thing?

Was funny when Scorsese was doing his speech and talking about all the great directors old and present and the camera immediately panned to George Lucas who wasn't mentioned amongst like 10 names. haha

Also, Ricky Gervais had a brutal joke when introducing the presenter for best director. I'm paraphrasing so forgive me.

Ricky Comes out to the stage with a half empty glass of beer and starts being goofy

"You sometimes need a drink when around all these stars. Don't get me wrong, i love a drink as much as the next guy........unless that next guy is our next presenter Mel Gibson"

Priceless. Mel didn't seem like he saw it coming and was clearly frazzled and quickly did his lame joke and announced the nominees. Ricky quickly walked the opposite direction as mel. Was awesome. I only started watching around 9:15

just watched the ricky clip. great ****

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads