• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sea Shepherd's new boat vs Japanese Whalers

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
+1. I place little value on human life because there are so many of us, and most are worthless on an individual level. I'd save a whale over a person any day.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
only topped by your molested child remark.

I assume you eat no meat and are anti the slaugther of any animal, as I can't see how you would reconcile that with your anti-whaling stance. Unless you are only anti-whaling due to extinction, but then not all the whales hunted are in danger of extinction. Norway and Iceland also whale hunt.

You are so full of **** - the molested child remark was in response to your "let the whales fend for themselves" remark. Simply, as a just society, we need to help protect all species that cannot protect themselves.

And yes I eat meat and wear leather and don't consider myself a hypocrite. I'm just saying that whales are awesome, intelligent creatures that are vital to our ecosystem and there is no need in 2010 for the Japan, Norway, Iceland, etc. to hunt these animals.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
And yes I eat meat and wear leather and don't consider myself a hypocrite. I'm just saying that whales are awesome, intelligent creatures that are vital to our ecosystem and there is no need in 2010 for the Japan, Norway, Iceland, etc. to hunt these animals.

They also taste great.... so there's one reason.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson

Being the resident Mario Batali, you should know that a lot of **** tastes great. No need to make whales extinct to satisfy your gluttony.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xiaogou
Has peta said anything false about meat?

I will use this argument many times in the future. Thank you.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson

What's that dish they make up in Alaska out of it? I saw an episode about it on the Travel Channel or Food Network but can't remember exactly what it was. Would try.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still don't get why it's inherently wrong to kill whales. They're not even particularly cute.

The only animals which are generally more valuable than most people are dogs.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngscientist
Has anyone here eaten whale? Only it might taste really delicious, that surely would be a reason to kill them.
We kill and eat pigs using that justification and they are pretty damn smart (although not endangered as some whales are).

And that is the main difference. We can and do farm pigs. In fact, most of the breeds of pig we eat exist only to be eaten and are in no danger of going extinct.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
well, I guess if we could figure out a way to communicate with dolphins and monkeys it would expand the field of your potential sex partners.

Dolphins sometimes take a fancy to swimmers and, hmm, gangbang them. Maybe conne could go swim somewhere.

One of the problems with whales is that many are endangered species yet whalers don't really care and the sea is a hard place to regulate.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RyJ Maduro
I still don't get why it's inherently wrong to kill whales. They're not even particularly cute.

The only animals which are generally more valuable than most people are dogs.

And they eat dogs in places like Korea but no one gives a ****. Dogs are also awesome, intelligent creatures.

Originally Posted by NorCal
And that is the main difference. We can and do farm pigs. In fact, most of the breeds of pig we eat exist only to be eaten and are in no danger of going extinct.

So if they hunt whales that are not in danger of extinction, everyone would be OK with it?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I keep reading this thread title as "Sam Shepherd" and wondering why he is monkeying around with whaling ships.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
And they eat dogs in places like Korea but no one gives a ****. Dogs are also awesome, intelligent creatures. So if they hunt whales that are not in danger of extinction, everyone would be OK with it?
Well it sorta freaks me out because of how smart they are. I mean hunting some of the smartest apes also strikes me as difficult to justify. Note: AFAIK whales are waaay smarter than dogs.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And they eat dogs in places like Korea but no one gives a ****. Dogs are also awesome, intelligent creatures.

We should be outraged by that too. Koreans need to stop eating dogs ok.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So if they hunt whales that are not in danger of extinction, everyone would be OK with it?
I would. At least I would not get my knickers in a twist about it, although I would rather not kill the higher mammals. Then again, pigs are pretty smart and make good pets but bacon is just too awesome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads