Sea Shepherd's new boat vs Japanese Whalers

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by robin, Jan 6, 2010.

1. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

That's where we part ways...you couldn't pay me enough to eat you.

redcaimen would prefer that you lick him to eating him

2. redcaimen

redcaimen Bigtime

That's where we part ways...you couldn't pay me enough to eat you.

Would you sacrifice a cashmere sweater for me?

3. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

4. unjung

unjung Senior member

Fuck humans yo.

5. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Would you sacrifice a cashmere sweater for me?

Never! You'll pry my cashmere from my cold, dead fingers!

6. CBDB

CBDB Senior member

...Simply, as a just society, we need to help protect all species that cannot protect themselves.

Some shit just makes you go WOW. I only hope you can't vote.

7. CBDB

CBDB Senior member

...Simply, as a just society, we need to help protect all species that cannot protect themselves.

[​IMG]

8. quevola

quevola Senior member

Some shit just makes you go WOW. I only hope you can't vote.

And you can go fuck your Canadian self.

9. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

And you can go fuck your Canadian self.

Hear hear!

10. onion

onion Senior member

The Ady Gil was way too awesome of a boat to let these douchebag fishermen get away with this. The fact these fishermen deliberately destroyed one of the coolest speedboats in the world, really pisses me off. I sort of want to donate money to their cause, in hope they will build another one.

Also who the hell rams a boat off the coast of Antartica? If that other boat hadn't been there these people could have easily died.

Truly a dick move on the part of the Japanese fishers.

11. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Well if they were going to fuck up the boat they should have just given it to me.

12. CBDB

CBDB Senior member

The Ady Gil was way too awesome of a boat to let these douchebag fishermen get away with this. The fact these fishermen deliberately destroyed one of the coolest speedboats in the world, really pisses me off. I sort of want to donate money to their cause, in hope they will build another one.

Also who the hell rams a boat off the coast of Antartica? If that other boat hadn't been there these people could have easily died.

Truly a dick move on the part of the Japanese fishers.

Not to be any more provacative than I was with the bed-wetter above [​IMG] but in the video it looks like the speedboat sails into the side of the japanese vessel. I agree that it looks like a very cool speedboat and its just fortunate that no (human) lives were lost. I just wish that there were more constructive ways that the issues could be addressed than jeopardizing peoples lives.

13. quevola

quevola Senior member

Not to be any more provacative than I was with the bed-wetter above [​IMG] but in the video it looks like the speedboat sails into the side of the japanese vessel. I agree that it looks like a very cool speedboat and its just fortunate that no (human) lives were lost. I just wish that there were more constructive ways that the issues could be addressed than jeopardizing peoples lives.

Yes you are so provacative - is that what they call cocksuckers nowadays?[​IMG]

14. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

Has anyone here eaten whale? Only it might taste really delicious, that surely would be a reason to kill them.
    We kill and eat pigs using that justification and they are pretty damn smart (although not endangered as some whales are).

I have -- it tastes like bacon. I had whale sushi in Japan... it was pretty good.

15. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

I have had whale several times. Its really good, like super tender beef.

That aside, Japanese whaling practices are done as "scientific research" with the meat sold to market after the "research" is done. The biggest problem with this is that it has only amounted to one paper published. The demand for whale meat is also very low here. A couple years ago the head of the Ministry of Health (think like the Surgeon General), announced that the mercury content of the whales that were sold in most grocery stores were so high in mercury that a single bite would be detrimental to pregnant women. Since then the demand has been so low that most of the meat rots in storage before its ever prepped and sold, or its used in government subsidized school lunches. So please, when you state your argument about whaling don't blame the Japanese as a whole, its the government. The government here sucks.

As a side I do believe that the whaling continues because whalers are hard of hearing and think they are hunting Gojira (Godzilla) since the Japanese word for Whale is "Kujira"