• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore this again.
Nicholas-2.jpg

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brucky
Seriously brotha, who told you it was ok to roll up your pant cuffs that tiny little bit? I see it in all your photos. Back in 7th grade some girl made fun of me for that same exact thing, and she was right. It's totally unfashionable, no offense.

To top it off, you roll that little cuff up, and then you have cuffless dress slacks! That was cool in 1964 (http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=6288,3306345) but no longer. Please stop!

If what was cool in 1964 is really unfashionable then I guess I'm really behind!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, your stuff is so out there that it borders on costume, really. I assume you tone it down for going out in public.
No. What I post online is what I wear on the street.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously brotha, who told you it was ok to roll up your pant cuffs that tiny little bit? I see it in all your photos. Back in 7th grade some girl made fun of me for that same exact thing, and she was right. It's totally unfashionable, no offense.

To top it off, you roll that little cuff up, and then you have cuffless dress slacks! That was cool in 1964 (http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=6288,3306345) but no longer. Please stop!

What the **** are you on about?

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Honestly, I think this is a stylishly casual outfit, and I think the cuffs enhance the look. I happen to like it.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All right, here, since I'm taking shots at you fellas, it's only fair for me to post a pic of myself and you all can do the same to me. Have at it. This is a fairly recent pic of me at the Lincoln's Inn Law Library in London.

librarycopy.jpg

Go to town.

Imho, it is subdued but nice. Are you a lawyer? Very nice backdrop.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

KtownGreg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
P1035428.jpg

Love it. Looking good as always. Like the cuffs.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The usual are doing good & the others are..

tshaw

Reaction score
Jan2009L1050056.jpg

Temp here in Trenton, NJ - 20 degrees, wind chill 6!

Very nice outfit, Greg - you look great in it.Jacket helps the look out...btw, it looks like you've lost some weight - it sems to show in your waistline here. Congrats!

T

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a feeling you guys would comment on the fit. It's because I'm slouched forward, which I'm sure you knew. Nice try though.

If it fit properly then it would not ride up that much regardless of your pose, in which you are not exactly slouching a great deal. It is of course impossible to tell exactly what is happening, but I suspect it is caused by your right arm being held out, combined with a low arm-hole subsequently pulling up the whole jacket. Obviously this would not occur were you not standing in this position, but it is still a sign of a suit that does not fit as well as it could.

I'm a lawyer not a dandy.

That doesn't mean you have to dress like you're trying to put the court to sleep.

Here's another shot. The sleeves are the appropriate length when I'm not leaning up against crap. The fit of the suit is fine when I'm standing normally.

They're still too long. In-fact the whole jacket looks a bit big, though I'd have to see it buttoned to be sure. And I can't say I much like the look of your shoes either.

citoyen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibor
Wore this again.

looks really good. streets need more young people wearing hats.

Well, your stuff is so out there that it borders on costume, really. I assume you tone it down for going out in public.

out there: yes. costume: no

Originally Posted by Tibor
No. What I post online is what I wear on the street.

see above

Originally Posted by mth
P1050572.JPG

colour of the coat looks nice. but seems to be a little bit too tight. you look rather stiff in that second pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads