• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clothing for small guy

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
vox please come visit us on SW&D cause basically we are starving for humor lately. There might be some other SW&D drive-bys in this thread because it was cross posted. As I said we are starving for humor.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vox, you are needed.

ronvent1122

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jake8078
Zach, you are almost definitely just a hard-gainer like myself. In my teens I was exactly your height and weight. It wasn't until I started really researching weight-lifting and what works that I started to see results. I also have almost no body fat, and the only way I've been able to put on weight is by gaining muscle. I'm not huge, but I'm very happy with the results I've had and feel better too.

If you are serious about getting bigger, not to mention being more healthy and feeling great, check out Scooby's Workshop. He's kind of weird, but he's a godsend to the internet for that topic. His site is free and he started it as a result of all the deceptive claims out there for programs and supplements. It's excellent information on naturally gaining muscle with a healthy nutrition.

You're going to destroy your body!!! STOP DOING THIS IMMEDIATELY!!!

I'm your height and I weigh 175-180, with all the extra pounds concentrated at the beltline. Bleech! If I just LOOK in a bakery window, I gain a pound! Ain't nobody perfect. There are small men's shops. Avoid clothes that cut you in half. Be happier with yourself. I wish we could average out our weight, but it ain't gonna happen.

ronvent1122

Reaction score
I'm your height and I weigh 175-180, with all the extra pounds concentrated at the beltline. Bleech! If I just LOOK in a bakery window, I gain a pound! Ain't nobody perfect. There are small men's shops. Avoid clothes that cut you in half. Be happier with yourself. I wish we could average out our weight, but it ain't gonna happen.

Omniphile

Reaction score
Hey, you've already got a girlfriend, right? You're already a step ahead on winning at Life.

It's good that your wish to become more dapper and strong is based on a desire for self-betterment rather than outright clinical depression. I'm the same size as you with two inches less in height, and I have similar issues finding clothing. Right now I'm trying out MyTailor to get myself a properly-fitting button-down shirt. There have been varying reviews on it but it seems to be worth it for the price point.

76white02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slumdawgbillionaire
is the one in red your gf? She is a cutie.

g/f of the last 5 years
smile.gif

76white02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde
seems youre both the same size

solution: wear her clothes

She doesn't support the wearing of girls clothes. Even if the jeans don't look feminine. It just makes her uncomfortable to know we could trade jeans I guess.

Brian_I

Reaction score
Have you thought about taking your sewing skills up a notch? I've always wished I knew how to do some alterations myself and not only save money but actually get things to fit me exactly how I want them to.

Just to reiterate what's been said about the protein, your body can only absorb/digest about 20-30g of protein in one meal. So you're wasting a lot of that protein trying to down it all at once. Break it up, if anything, into longer stretches so you can absorb more of it. Also, try adding mayonnaise to everything you eat. Mayo is known as the "Samoan Steroid" where I come from.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
vox please come visit us on SW&D cause basically we are starving for humor lately. There might be some other SW&D drive-bys in this thread because it was cross posted. As I said we are starving for humor.

Originally Posted by Razele
Vox, you are needed.

Originally Posted by Brian_I
Also, try adding mayonnaise to everything you eat. Mayo is known as the "Samoan Steroid" where I come from.

I believe that my job here is done.

Oh, in Europe, mayo is known as the "Belgian Bulker."

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 76white02
Here are a few photo's to try and better illustrate my size.

Edmorel is forbidden from using or acting on this sentence.

T4phage as well.

- B

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, have you heard of Rippetoe's Starting Strength? It is a very effective method for beginners to get much stronger which leads to major size gain when diet is right. His program has a dietary component as well which you should discuss with your doctor before following.

By the way, eating that much protein does NOTHING to help you gain weight, you need carbs and fats. Stop the protein shake madness.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cross22
Dude, have you heard of Rippetoe's Starting Strength?

Too much work compared to Frito-Lay.

Another good way to gain 20lbs quickly is to get an X-vest and wear it loaded with 20 lbs.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads