Clothing for small guy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by 76white02, Dec 29, 2009.

1. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

I am growing more and more unhappy.

Now that I have successfully dealt with all of the other issues, the time has come to move on to depression.

It's a thorny subject. Much research has been done. There are therapeutic approaches as well as those using medicine. Often, the two approaches are combined.

The long and short of all of this is...well...this:

Nothing can be done. You're screwed.

Accept it and move on. Whole countries, like Sweden, are built around this concept. If you don't believe me, call up Tiger Woods (if that is his real name) and ask him about his Swedish wife.

- B

2. DavidinGray

DavidinGray Well-Known Member

1. Substitute protein shakes for chocolate shakes.
    2. Work out until you can't move anymore (if you're doing it right, this should take 25-30 minutes)
    3. Look into Japanese clothing brands; do not let Vox dissuade you.
    4. ?????
    5. Profit!

DIG

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

3. Look into Japanese clothing brands; do not let Vox dissuade you.

AFAIK, Godzilla is a Japanese construct, like those game shows where they humiliate contestants.

- B

4. Another New Yorker

Another New Yorker Senior member

I just buy children's sizes shamefully... Alter the pants easily... and suits best be bespoke

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

let me say this, the area i work there is a japanese communications business and a toyota headquarters here in torrance. the plaza that i am at are plenty of japanese businessmen and women in their business casual and suits.

they are all of dimunitive stature but proportionate. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. (except give or take a couple here and there) but they look absolutely outstanding in their day suits and attire. very slim and their clothes are all fitted. the women are very hot i may add in their fitted blazers and office pants and knee length skirts.

the koreans you see around here? the total opposite. they are on average around 2-3 inches taller than the japanese crowd but they all look bulbous. square looking. absolutely horrendous in some of their attire. the younger crowd with their "trying to look buff" just look bulbous in their chest and arms like they just did a round of pushups before they head out. all of them wanting to look bulbous i guess? but they look absolutely horrendous in their dress shirts and suits and what have you.

6. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

the koreans you see around here? the total opposite. they are on average around 2-3 inches taller than the japanese crowd but they all look bulbous. square looking. absolutely horrendous in some of their attire. the younger crowd with their "trying to look buff" just look bulbous in their chest and arms like they just did a round of pushups before they head out. all of them wanting to look bulbous i guess? but they look absolutely horrendous in their dress shirts and suits and what have you.

Don't lose hope...victory might still be in the gloaming...

[​IMG]

- B

7. Another New Yorker

Another New Yorker Senior member

Don't lose hope...victory might still be in the gloaming...

[​IMG]

- B

The formidable turtleship! It debutted in my life approximately the same time as Age of Empires 2.

8. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

I am growing more and more unhappy. I am lacking a lot of confidence with myself. I want to start feeling better. I have tried gaining weight and it just doesn't work. I have 3 protein shakes a day at about 65g each and have not put on a single pound.

Eating protein alone wont translate into permanent weight gain.

A good foodcation trip to Singapore or Malaysia will, however

9. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

New guy here.

I'm Zach. I am 22 and very small [​IMG] I am about 5'6' and weigh about 113 lbs. My body doesn't process protein properly and my metobolism is through the roof. I have an incredibly hard time shopping. I am very fashion concious and like to look good. I like my clothing to be form fitting.

Jeans are an absolute nightmare. I have found that basically the only jeans that fit me are levi 511 skinny. (but fit more like a straight leg than a skinny.) Pretty much the only store I can buy shirts from is American Apparel. I like their stuff but one can only have so many solid color shirts. When I was in NYC this past summer I also stumbled upon Topman on accident and bought 2 dress shirts that fit me well being XS.

I taught myself to roughly take in tee shirts with my sewing machine. Whenever target has shirts for 2.99 or 3.99 I buy a few and sew them in. While they don't fit totally to my liking they are a heck of a lot better.

I am growing more and more unhappy. I am lacking a lot of confidence with myself. I want to start feeling better. I have tried gaining weight and it just doesn't work. I have 3 protein shakes a day at about 65g each and have not put on a single pound.

Anyway. What are some online stores that I can seek out? I am ready to just go on a shopping spree. I have been searching around and found yesstyle.com but am utterly confused about the sizing. Would their M be more like an US XS?

Thanks!

Have you ever heard of Mafoofan?
    Get to know him and your problems will be solved.

10. DavidinGray

DavidinGray Well-Known Member

Have you ever heard of Mafoofan?
    Get to know him and your problems will be solved.

You speak as if there is any man who does not know of the 'Foo.

11. 76white02

76white02 Member

I guess i need to clarify a few things.

When I say I am unhappy with the way I look it is more because I can't find the clothing that fits. I am fine with my body if I looked the part with the clothes. When I wear clothes that fit (ie. my american apparel etc) I feel great. Its when I can't find a nice pair of slacks or more jean options and when I can't walk into gap like my girlfriend and pick anything out and look great. So I am NOT unhappy with the way my body is but more the way it looks in the unfitting clothing.

I feel like trying to gain weight (unsuccessfully) is the only option left without finding more clothing options that tailor to smaller people. I should also add that I am lactose intolerant and I also don't eat fast food. Gave it up 3 years ago. Now I eat only free range meat.

And also, when I say I am unhappy I don't mean depressed. I just want to look and feel better about myself when I am out of the house.

12. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

I guess i need to clarify a few things.

When I say I am unhappy with the way I look it is more because I can't find the clothing that fits. I am fine with my body if I looked the part with the clothes. When I wear clothes that fit (ie. my american apparel etc) I feel great. Its when I can't find a nice pair of slacks or more jean options and when I can't walk into gap like my girlfriend and pick anything out and look great. So I am NOT unhappy with the way my body is but more the way it looks in the unfitting clothing.

I feel like trying to gain weight (unsuccessfully) is the only option left without finding more clothing options that tailor to smaller people. I should also add that I am lactose intolerant and I also don't eat fast food. Gave it up 3 years ago. Now I eat only free range meat.

And also, when I say I am unhappy I don't mean depressed. I just want to look and feel better about myself when I am out of the house.

Relax and search for a bespoke tailor. Also take some weight gainer.

13. Lel

Lel Senior member

New guy here.

I'm Zach. I am 22 and very small [​IMG] I am about 5'6' and weigh about 113 lbs. My body doesn't process protein properly and my metobolism is through the roof. I have an incredibly hard time shopping. I am very fashion concious and like to look good. I like my clothing to be form fitting.

Jeans are an absolute nightmare. I have found that basically the only jeans that fit me are levi 511 skinny. (but fit more like a straight leg than a skinny.) Pretty much the only store I can buy shirts from is American Apparel. I like their stuff but one can only have so many solid color shirts. When I was in NYC this past summer I also stumbled upon Topman on accident and bought 2 dress shirts that fit me well being XS.

I taught myself to roughly take in tee shirts with my sewing machine. Whenever target has shirts for 2.99 or 3.99 I buy a few and sew them in. While they don't fit totally to my liking they are a heck of a lot better.

Anyway. What are some online stores that I can seek out? I am ready to just go on a shopping spree. I have been searching around and found yesstyle.com but am utterly confused about the sizing. Would their M be more like an US XS?

Thanks!

First thing you need to do is get of the MC forums ASAP and head over to Streetwear & Denim section. This thread is a great resources for finding good fitting brands and you'll see that a lot of people similar to size look damn good in clothes.

14. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

I am about 5'6' and weigh about 113 lbs.

I weigh about the same, and I'm also 5'4", though I'm told I may be upto 2 inches taller after my scoliosis is corrected [​IMG] . Suits are a bit of a problem, I really need size 34 and hardly anywhere actually sells them. Tried on a very nice size 34 Dior coat yesterday but at £850 way out of my price range.

For jeans and jumpers check out Uniqlo, their size 28 slim-fit jeans and XS size jumpers fit me perfectly.

For shirts the low cost of MTM makes it an obvious choice. Search the forums for the various online MTM shirt places and pick one. Personally I like tailorstore but I have a shirt on the way from moderntailor as well to see what they're like.

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Get Japanese clothes. This is a serious suggestion. You are a regular size S in Japan.

PM me if you're interested in more. I don't post in MC so I won't see if you respond here.