• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uniqlo Jeans

samejame

Reaction score
Originally Posted by krylon80
wow, what a shitshow! i'm gonna chalk this up to the holidays being right around the corner and it being a friday afernoon, but that place is completely mental and the staff are so harrowed they can't even think straight and properly help you!

i would suggest avoiding this place until next year if possible, seriously.

omg, i was there last night as well and it was completely bananas. someone like me, who experiences sensory overload quite easily, can't handle it, so i turned around and left as soon as i saw the mob of people upstairs. i usually step into uniqlo about once a week and LOVE the place dearly, but i will definitely be avoiding until after the holidays!

fueledbynewjersey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by samejame
omg, i was there last night as well and it was completely bananas. someone like me, who experiences sensory overload quite easily, can't handle it, so i turned around and left as soon as i saw the mob of people upstairs. i usually step into uniqlo about once a week and LOVE the place dearly, but i will definitely be avoiding until after the holidays!

Went there this afternoon. It was INSANE, even WITH the impending blizzard. Yea there wasnt many *** raws left. The lady went on a witch hunt for me and grabbed the last 31x32 in indigo and 31x34 in black (needs hem) and i normally wear a 32x32 and as krylon stated they're a bit snug but wearable. So whats the deal with these wash them first then wear or wear for 6+months then wash?

krylon80

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fueledbynewjersey
Went there this afternoon. It was INSANE, even WITH the impending blizzard. Yea there wasnt many *** raws left. The lady went on a witch hunt for me and grabbed the last 31x32 in indigo and 31x34 in black (needs hem) and i normally wear a 32x32 and as krylon stated they're a bit snug but wearable. So whats the deal with these wash them first then wear or wear for 6+months then wash?

i would like to know the answer to the wash question as well.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
london regent street had both japan selvedge and standard selvege (49 and 29 gbp iirc) ... both had 30x32, 30x34, 31x32, 31x34, etc sizes if u needed them

i tried the 30s on (standard fit straight) and i could barely pull them through my legs. i mean physically it wouldnt slip on.

i am a 31 waist in levis and their 501s fit me great. didnt have time to try on uniqlo 31s so i left the store -- wasnt in need of denim anyway

fueledbynewjersey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by krylon80
there most likely is. the question still remains if anyone cares to make themselves useful......

i'm just not gonna watch them for about 6 months then dry clean. Too much work for a pair of jeans. So i've been wearing my 31's for about 2 days and there not super tight anymore stretched to about a 32

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can someone direct me toward the S-002's (or comparable cut) on the Japanese Uniqlo page?

kidkorea

Reaction score
Picked these UJ's up. This wash was almost completely sold out in 1 day. Snagged a few pairs.

Picture015-3.jpg

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I would rinse them to get any potential shrinkage out of the way. I don't think you lose anything by rinsing jeans before wearing them. In my experience with Uniqlo they might shrink a little and I don't remember any of them stretching noticeably.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads