1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Uniqlo Jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 17, 2005.

1. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

anyone have pics of the slim straight japan denim?

2. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

I've always said I would post pics of mine but I never did. Here they are. Probably 5 or 6 washes (most of them coming more recently) I've had them for a year. [​IMG] [​IMG] They look better in natural lighting. I'll try and get some fit pics up later. When I bought these they were like a perfect fit in the waist and they have stretched out in the waist quite a bit. When I buy uniqlo pants now I'm a size 32 and these still sag a little bit just so you know how much it stretches. Yea I've grown a little so I'm not the most reliable source on how much they stretch but they do stretch quite a bit in the waist but i don't think that should encourage you to size down too much.

3. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

And these are the uniqlo Japanese premium whatever denim.

4. Racing Green

Racing Green Senior member

anyone have pics of the slim straight japan denim?

With apologies to Leffot for nicking this pic from his blog, these are the Uniqlo All Japan slim straight. I have a pair too and they rock -

[​IMG]

5. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

nice. would like something to kind of take the place of my levi 514s. they fit awesome but feel like sandpaper compared to my other jeans.

6. Style.AP

Style.AP Active Member

Uniqlo Jeans are okay... I'd rather invest in samurais

7. fueledbynewjersey

fueledbynewjersey Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wow great fades. how did you wash yours? i'm at about week 3 and haven't washed mine yet. truth about the stretching. i got size 31's and both stretches to about a 32 32.5 in a week

8. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

probably going to order these japan denim slim straights within the next few days. my waist where i wear jeans is a little over 33". should i go with 31s? any other pics of this particular denim?
    [​IMG]

9. ispace

ispace Senior member

probably going to order these japan denim slim straights within the next few days. my waist where i wear jeans is a little over 33". should i go with 31s? any other pics of this particular denim?
    [​IMG]

Be careful with the low rise as they will sit lower than other jeans & the top block is very squeezing nuts tight.

10. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

Be careful with the low rise as they will sit lower than other jeans & the top block is very squeezing nuts tight.

what are the measurements? i'm used to 9.5-10" like my levi 514s have. don't think i could go lower than that.

11. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

[​IMG]

These are the ones that I posted pictures of (mine are worn obviously). I'd say go with a 32 just to be safe. my balls hurt and i'm sized down 2.

12. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

well i don't want some somet-like castrating jeans. what kinda rise number are we talking about here?

13. ispace

ispace Senior member

well i don't want some somet-like castrating jeans. what kinda rise number are we talking about here?
    I'm a 31" true waist & bought a 30x32 MIJ slim mailorder from UK which measures 30.2" BIG style. I just went & measured the front rise and it is 9". Just look at the photo above. I can barely button the top two buttons without holding my breath as they don't sit on my waist but my hips. They are a very tight fitting jean up top. They might stretch with some effort but I haven't had a chance yet to try & I'm worried about the buttons busting off. If I had no balls I'm sure they'd fit much better; luckily I've already had my children. Size 32 would have been better for me and would recommend 33 (not sure they do odd sizes) or even 34 for you. B.

14. ispace

ispace Senior member

Here are my pair:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

meh, if they're 9" i don't think i could deal with that. wonder what the regular are like. might just go for APCs. but if i'm spending that much, might as well go with ande whall. it's a slippery slope.

16. iwhelan

iwhelan Senior member

The rise on those looks way too low for comfort. The zipper is so short!

17. fueledbynewjersey

fueledbynewjersey Senior member

The rise on those looks way too low for comfort. The zipper is so short!

Yea... I got two pairs of 31x32s and they are PRETTY ball crunching. not like unbearable and soul crunching but its definitely there

18. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Yea they do hurt my balls quite a bit. That's why you don't size down too much if at all.

19. sharpie12

sharpie12 Well-Known Member

I size down 1, it's tight in the beggining but loosen up after about 10 wears.

20. Jonah

Jonah Senior member

Anyone interested in a brand new black pair of uniqlo MIJ selvage size 32/32 $32