• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas gifts for the stylish man

ta.sh

Reaction score
I am a girlfriend of a very stylish man.
Nothing makes me happier than cooking, cleaning and of course buying mens clothing.

So far in the christmas bundle, ive purchased a couple dress shirts, an amazing belt, 4 pairs of bjorn borg underwear, and 4 pairs of marcoliani socks.

I need more ideas...
What would you like to get from your significant other

sjg22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ta.sh
Nothing makes me happier than cooking, cleaning and of course buying mens clothing.

So far in the christmas bundle, ive purchased a couple dress shirts, an amazing belt, 4 pairs of bjorn borg underwear, and 4 pairs of marcoliani socks.

I need more ideas...

Nothing says "this is a gift for a man and I'm mostly out of ideas" quite like socks and underwear... My grandmother gave me socks and underwear last year.

More constructively, I would say perhaps the gift of a MTM or bespoke dress shirt, suit or whatever you can afford is a great gift. Arrange an appointment for him and give the store your billing details to ensure that you pay for the gift. The MTM (or bespoke) part personalizes the gift and likely provides for a relaxing afternoon for your boyfriend, selecting fabric , picking out details and generally feeling like he's the boss. Which is always really nice. It's kind of a stylish man's version of a day at the spa.

I received a Tivoli Model One last year that I really like. It's an Italian-made table radio with an iPod input that comes in a variety of really nice woods. Definitely stylish.

Overall, I would recommend getting the best of whatever it is you buy - stuff that your boyfriend would feel guilty about buying for himself. It doesn't have to be a big thing (as a gift for my girlfriend's parents, I gave them a set of salt and pepper shakers that were from a particular line out of Denmark that were quite expensive for salt and pepper shakers, but not really expensive at all in the grand scheme of things). I've never been a fan of practical gifts because I tend to buy all the practical things that I require myself.

ta.sh

Reaction score
Ahh I was leaning towards a customed suit by Valentino, I have some contacts

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score

I need more ideas...

haha my wife doesnt get a kick out of cleaning. she makes me do it all. oh well.

in fits of print

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjg22
More constructively, I would say perhaps the gift of a MTM or bespoke dress shirt, suit or whatever you can afford is a great gift. Arrange an appointment for him and give the store your billing details to ensure that you pay for the gift. The MTM (or bespoke) part personalizes the gift and likely provides for a relaxing afternoon for your boyfriend, selecting fabric , picking out details and generally feeling like he's the boss. Which is always really nice. It's kind of a stylish man's version of a day at the spa.
I disagree with this idea--while I'm sure he'd enjoy a custom suit, you're essentially giving him a gift certificate in this situation. UNLESS you have extreme confidence in your knowledge of his tastes, and can get his measurements to a tailor without his suspecting what it's for--then just pick out the suit yourself. Failing that though, if you still want to go extravagant, maybe a really nice coat? Luggage?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Can I PM you my wifes cellphone so you can give her a play by play of what this entails?
laugh.gif

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I disagree about the socks comment... as long as you get really nice socks... cashmere. They feel great. Usually the recipient has never gotten such amazing feeling socks.

stewartu

Reaction score
I think cologne is an excellent gift from a significant other. Pick something expensive that you like and you both get the benefit from this.

Personally, shoes are an excellent gift. Why not a gift certificate for some great shoes?

I dont know how often he wears a tux but a super classy cuff-link/shirt stud set is really nice to have. Tiffany makes some nice ones as does Mont Blanc and many others.

Last christmas I received a clothing valet from my kids. It was relatively cheap for them to buy and I love it.

Just a few thoughts.

ta.sh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
haha my wife doesnt get a kick out of cleaning. she makes me do it all. oh well.

I really think that its totally a feminine thing to clean.
I enjoy it a lot. I feel useful, then after I really just wanna get busy.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

busy with what?
confused.gif

devil.gif

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you for real?
eh.gif

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ I think we're being duped fellas

ta.sh

Reaction score
I just feel like cleaning is the best way to relax.
Therefore preparing you to jump in the sack.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads