Christmas gifts for the stylish man

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ta.sh, Dec 9, 2009.

1. ta.sh

ta.sh Member

I am a girlfriend of a very stylish man.
    Nothing makes me happier than cooking, cleaning and of course buying mens clothing.

So far in the christmas bundle, ive purchased a couple dress shirts, an amazing belt, 4 pairs of bjorn borg underwear, and 4 pairs of marcoliani socks.

I need more ideas...
    What would you like to get from your significant other

2. sjg22

sjg22 Senior member

Nothing makes me happier than cooking, cleaning and of course buying mens clothing.

So far in the christmas bundle, ive purchased a couple dress shirts, an amazing belt, 4 pairs of bjorn borg underwear, and 4 pairs of marcoliani socks.

I need more ideas...

Nothing says "this is a gift for a man and I'm mostly out of ideas" quite like socks and underwear... My grandmother gave me socks and underwear last year.

More constructively, I would say perhaps the gift of a MTM or bespoke dress shirt, suit or whatever you can afford is a great gift. Arrange an appointment for him and give the store your billing details to ensure that you pay for the gift. The MTM (or bespoke) part personalizes the gift and likely provides for a relaxing afternoon for your boyfriend, selecting fabric , picking out details and generally feeling like he's the boss. Which is always really nice. It's kind of a stylish man's version of a day at the spa.

I received a Tivoli Model One last year that I really like. It's an Italian-made table radio with an iPod input that comes in a variety of really nice woods. Definitely stylish.

Overall, I would recommend getting the best of whatever it is you buy - stuff that your boyfriend would feel guilty about buying for himself. It doesn't have to be a big thing (as a gift for my girlfriend's parents, I gave them a set of salt and pepper shakers that were from a particular line out of Denmark that were quite expensive for salt and pepper shakers, but not really expensive at all in the grand scheme of things). I've never been a fan of practical gifts because I tend to buy all the practical things that I require myself.

3. ta.sh

ta.sh Member

Ahh I was leaning towards a customed suit by Valentino, I have some contacts

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

I need more ideas...

haha my wife doesnt get a kick out of cleaning. she makes me do it all. oh well.

5. in fits of print

in fits of print Well-Known Member

More constructively, I would say perhaps the gift of a MTM or bespoke dress shirt, suit or whatever you can afford is a great gift. Arrange an appointment for him and give the store your billing details to ensure that you pay for the gift. The MTM (or bespoke) part personalizes the gift and likely provides for a relaxing afternoon for your boyfriend, selecting fabric , picking out details and generally feeling like he's the boss. Which is always really nice. It's kind of a stylish man's version of a day at the spa.
    I disagree with this idea--while I'm sure he'd enjoy a custom suit, you're essentially giving him a gift certificate in this situation. UNLESS you have extreme confidence in your knowledge of his tastes, and can get his measurements to a tailor without his suspecting what it's for--then just pick out the suit yourself. Failing that though, if you still want to go extravagant, maybe a really nice coat? Luggage?

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Can I PM you my wifes cellphone so you can give her a play by play of what this entails?[​IMG]

7. fredfred

fredfred Senior member

I disagree about the socks comment... as long as you get really nice socks... cashmere. They feel great. Usually the recipient has never gotten such amazing feeling socks.

8. stewartu

stewartu Senior member

I think cologne is an excellent gift from a significant other. Pick something expensive that you like and you both get the benefit from this.

Personally, shoes are an excellent gift. Why not a gift certificate for some great shoes?

I dont know how often he wears a tux but a super classy cuff-link/shirt stud set is really nice to have. Tiffany makes some nice ones as does Mont Blanc and many others.

Last christmas I received a clothing valet from my kids. It was relatively cheap for them to buy and I love it.

Just a few thoughts.

9. stewartu

stewartu Senior member

10. ta.sh

ta.sh Member

haha my wife doesnt get a kick out of cleaning. she makes me do it all. oh well.

I really think that its totally a feminine thing to clean.
    I enjoy it a lot. I feel useful, then after I really just wanna get busy.

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

busy with what? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

Are you for real? [​IMG]

13. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

^^ I think we're being duped fellas

14. forex

forex Senior member

^^ I think we're being duped fellas

Definitely..

15. ta.sh

ta.sh Member

I just feel like cleaning is the best way to relax.
    Therefore preparing you to jump in the sack.