• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
anyone have a link for video of the fight, or is it gonna replay on hbo sometime?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cotto-Margorito in 2010 in a fight titled Redemption.

daft

Reaction score
What a fight between Sergio Martinez and Paul Williams right now. Candinate for fight of the year. On HBO right now.

daft

Reaction score
What a ******* disgrace. 119-110? Martinez fought the fight of his life and get this? What a joke.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by daft
What a ******* disgrace. 119-110? Martinez fought the fight of his life and get this? What a joke.
This is why PBF is rejecting the idea of hosting March 13th in Dallas. Texas is known for whoreable judges.

Looks like they aren't using that girly catch weight **** this time around either.

daft

Reaction score
I thought it was because he didn't want to fight outdoors. Anyway you taking jabs at Pacquiao at every opportunity is getting old very quick.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it was because he didn't want to fight outdoors. Anyway you taking jabs at Pacquiao at every opportunity is getting old very quick.
I know enough about my boxing history to know that catchweights are some recent bullshit. A reigning welterweight, 140-147, champion should be able to defend his belt from any fighter coming in within that range. If not that person shouldn't be called the welterweight champion.

daft

Reaction score
That's not the point, is it? The point is that you take cheap shots at every opportunity. Fanny pac this, fanny pac that. I see that you're very concerned with weight issues. How come I don't see you taking digs at Floyd for coming in overweight for the weigh-in when fighting naturally two division lower Marquez? I know boxing fans in general are marsupialed but jesus man, come on.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's not the point, is it? The point is that you take cheap shots at every opportunity. Fanny pac this, fanny pac that. I see that you're very concerned with weight issues. How come I don't see you taking digs at Floyd for coming in overweight for the weigh-in when fighting naturally two division lower Marquez? I know boxing fans in general are marsupialed but jesus man, come on.
You bring up a good point. I was going to bring this up myself. If you're interested in knowing what I think, my idea is that he did that on purpose to help with the negotiations for March 13th. It's like his middle finger to the other camp that lets them know he won't budge if they AZZk for a catchweight.

Anyways, catchweights are still bullshit, especially when it comes to trying to titles. If a fighter is so small that that he needs other fighters to come in on a limited weight when he bears the name for the entire division, then maybe he has on the wrong size. Nov 14th proved that pac can can handle the welterweight division just like all the other welterweights. He still hit fast and hard enough to TKO a full blown, dangerous welterweight; and he was able to walk through the punches of one of the hardest hitters in the 140-147 range. He'll only get moar credit for whatever he wins now at welterweight since he doesn't have the need to use his catch weight training wheels.

JaPo

Reaction score
Pacquaio vs Mayweather is off according to Arum.

Yeah, what the hell is the beef?

From what I've read in several poorly written articles, Pacquaio is refusing to take a blood test 30 days before the fight, but is OK with being tested a day before the fight?
ffffuuuu.gif
Someone understand these ridiculous boxing politics to me, because I want to see Floyd hand some ass.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JaPo
Yeah, what the hell is the beef? From what I've read in several poorly written articles, Pacquaio is refusing to take a blood test 30 days before the fight, but is OK with being tested a day before the fight?
ffffuuuu.gif
Someone understand these ridiculous boxing politics to me, because I want to see Floyd hand some ass.

Floyd's daddy along with a handful of people in the boxing world suspect that fanny pac is on steroids. Word on the streets is that Floyd accepted fanny pac's crazy demand of $10 million for each pound Money comes in overweight. Comparing that to Sept 19th where Money had to pay $300K for each pound he comes in over to Marquez. If we do the math there fanny pac thinks he's worth about 33 times what Marquez is worth. There goes the humble peoples' champ. Fanny pac's reasoning behind his refusal of taking the drug tests vary from who you AZZk in his camp. Roach, his trainer, says it'll make him weak physically which is bullshit. Floyd is demanding Olympics style testing since it's moar reliable than the standard urine. The athletes in the Olympics break records all the time with all those tests done on them. Bob arum, his promoter, claims he's scared of needles. Let's get this straight he has a few tattoos on his body, he supposedly "wants" to fight the greatest fighter in the world, and it's a $50 million payday for him...yet he's scared of needles?
eh.gif
That's extremely unbecoming of a boxer. Getting AZZaulted through the face comes with how they make a living. Fanny pac, the man himself, states that it'll **** with him mentally. Keep in mind that any "weakening" that happens to him will happen to Mainstream Money Mayweather. He would need to take the same tests. People wouldn't be so hard on him if his camp just stuck to the game plan by using one single consistent reason. I already have a few pactard, pinoy friends who are throwing him under the bus. They seem jealous to me. They were able to call all the shots in their last couple of fights since they were the bigger draw. Cotto got punked for his WELTERweight belt by putting it up at a CATCHWEIGHT fight. This time they're saying they don't want to play by "Money's rules". 1) Money is the bigger draw. Check both of their total PPV sales. Pac had greater numbers in their most recent fights, but he had a dance partner. HBO only counts purchases in the States, and Puerto Rico is considered apart of it. 2) Money is arguing that it's for the sake of the sport. I don't know if he's bullshitting or not, but a big fight like this would be a great pioneer to set the standards for drug testing in boxing. Fighting someone whose cheating or on steroids is too dangerous in a brutal, combat sport. TyCooN's Thinking: Floyd has a big ego, he knows how to play mind games, and he's out to destroy fanny pac's legacy. Floyd doesn't just want to beat manny's AZZ, make the $50 mil, and take his belt. He wants to be remembered as the greatest. People are already saying that Floyd won't ever be able to catch up to fanny pac's resume. Floyd has a history of making elite fighters look like amateurs. Money's average connect % is moar than twice of his opponents at 49% to 21%, and they typically throw twice as many punches as he does. Boxing is the art of hitting without getting hit. As egotistical as it sounds when Floyd says he IS boxing there's actually merit to it. Whoever is in doubt can go check the compuBox stats. If Pretty Boy Floyd can make manny look ordinary like he does to most after fanny has to run circles around the drug tests then people will see his legacy as suspect. Anyways, he's pretty much ******** on all of fanny's big wins with what these drug test demands imply. Fanny has stated himself that Floyd is trying to **** with his head. Fighting an overly aggressive, angry, and reckless person is a counter-puncher's dream. I can see Floyd rope-a-doping fanny as fanny lets his hands fly to do one of his perceived amazing combos, the pinoys cheer in hope like the Oscar/Hatton/Marquez fans did, his **** either gets parried by Floyd or just barely grazes him, and then Money kills him with a couple of consecutive right hands. That's my ideal ending. Youtube Mayweather KO Ndou for an example. I hope manny is clean. It's not good for the sake of boxing if he's using steroids. Let's just hope this is all A-class psychological warfare ran by Money. Arum is talking out of his AZZ. He's a damn boxing promoter. There's too much money for him. Sounds like he's bluffing at Money with his ultimatum. The fact that he's making his team back down due to the drug tests will only make the critics moar skeptical of how legit fanny pac really is. Risky play on their part. - A biased Money fan

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads