• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

splattered

Reaction score
I bought belts which up until this weekend i had NONE of, and then i bought a crap load of blu-rays from amazon(new) and hastings(used + 30% off = cheap) but that's it. Trying to keep my CC paid down. Have a bunch of stuff up for sale on ebay hopefully it will help cover the cost of the crap i just bought. Blargh.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Wings+Horns Sample sale this friday.

I will proxy it, depending on who PMs me, for a nominal fee of 15% pre-paid via paypal. I do not know the price list since it wasn't sent out, but past sales have been in the realm of 20% of retail. I will not be proxying on the level of the first time I did this (when I think I dropped about $2000).

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Opening Ceremony have big sales in-store that don't also occur online? I'm thinking mostly end of season...

Fahim.

Reaction score
2009_Sample_Sale.jpg

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Desi
pretty sad I didn't get anything on black friday or cyber monday.

Neither did I. I wasn't out of town all weekend so I had no chance to scope out sales. I did cop a knit at full price today. So it was a bonus to retailers and a loss to me, though not really since the knit is really dope.

wrenhunter

Reaction score
I had to stab myself in the mouse arm not to buy something from Billy Reid's sale. I did get a belt from Tanner, though.

appleboy

Reaction score
Can anybody who's been to a Wings+Horns sample sale before tell me how busy it is? Like should I be there a few hours early on Friday or is popping in sometime Friday afternoon stlil not bad?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The downtown Seattle Nordstrom store has started to mark down its designer section. The black MMM motos were 1400, and the brown bomber jackets were 1200.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
The downtown Seattle Nordstrom store has started to mark down its designer section. The black MMM motos were 1400, and the brown bomber jackets were 1200.

I will head over there at lunch tomorrow. Did you notice whether they marked down the brown MMM cardi?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
I will head over there at lunch tomorrow. Did you notice whether they marked down the brown MMM cardi?
Yes, everything was marked down. They had two of the cardigans left, not sure which sizes.

I thought about picking a few things up from MMM and the Jean Shop moto jacket, but I've decided to not buy any new clothing for awhile.

__CB__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by appleboy
Can anybody who's been to a Wings+Horns sample sale before tell me how busy it is? Like should I be there a few hours early on Friday or is popping in sometime Friday afternoon stlil not bad?

It's not a madhouse but if you're after smaller sizes, they tend to go quick.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Yes, everything was marked down. They had two of the cardigans left, not sure which sizes.

I thought about picking a few things up from MMM and the Jean Shop moto jacket, but I've decided to not buy any new clothing for awhile.

How much as the Jean Shop moto?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads