• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian SD

Reaction score
should let the wax dry, put a paper towel over it, then hover an iron over it and the paper towel will absorb all the wax.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if that doesn't work, and if a cobbler can't clean them, put more wax over both shoes and even out the stain. J crew sells "oiled" suede shoes and I would think a similar look may possibly be achieved with wax. either way, sorry for the accident.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
if that doesn't work, and if a cobbler can't clean them, put more wax over both shoes and even out the stain. J crew sells "oiled" suede shoes and I would think a similar look may possibly be achieved with wax. either way, sorry for the accident.

+1, the good lord may have closed a door but not without opening a window

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
+1, the good lord may have closed a door but not without opening a window

i hope this applies everywhere. I see a discounted indy but with cork, hopefully the open window will be crepe/commando sole as its gonna start snowing soon

chestercopperpot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
should let the wax dry, put a paper towel over it, then hover an iron over it and the paper towel will absorb all the wax.

yeah, i got the wax off but the now there is this huge oil stain

Originally Posted by MiniW

yeah i thought about that and tried to put some of it on the other sole. it still looks pretty bad. oh well i guess i'll just only wear them with jeans.

thanks guys

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
what stain removers have you tried? I remember someone did a before and after on pair of suede shoes that had been covered in oil from a car (like really fucked up) and after applying the stain remover a few times they looked good as new

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
I just heard about an upcoming Alden release that apparently is from the history vaults.

It's supposedly a lace-up shoe that Alden used to make for L.L. Bean and may or may not come in a loden green color.

Does anyone know about a shoe like this?

I'll post some more info if I hear anything

false

Reaction score
Getting ready to pull the trigger on Indy's. As Leather Soul's Ultimate Indy seems to be sold out I'm going back and forth between the standard 405's and the Jcrew version. Can anyone tell me their opion on cotton duck vs. leather lining? Is leather worth the 100$ difference?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chestercopperpot
i honestly havn't really tried any stain removers, soap and water really. any suggestions?

Originally Posted by Lady Canuker
being pregnant and wanting my body back. Tired of not being able to wear what I want
ffffuuuu.gif

just stop by a shoe repair place and pick up whatever they have

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drop them off at a cobbler to have them cleaned.

yeah, i got the wax off but the now there is this huge oil stain

yeah i thought about that and tried to put some of it on the other sole. it still looks pretty bad. oh well i guess i'll just only wear them with jeans.

thanks guys

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by false
Getting ready to pull the trigger on Indy's. As Leather Soul's Ultimate Indy seems to be sold out I'm going back and forth between the standard 405's and the Jcrew version. Can anyone tell me their opion on cotton duck vs. leather lining? Is leather worth the 100$ difference?

The outer is also made of a different leather. The J Crew Indy is made of the same leather as the LS Ultimate Indy.

shasta

Reaction score
good lord, was at a party at thanksgiving and someone knocked over some stupid malin & goetz candle and spilled wax all over my chukkas. FML. The oil from the candle has ruined them. I washed them and used a suede eraser etc...nothing. just a huge oil stain on the suede.

looks like i peed on them every time i wear them.

there goes 300 dollars.

hahah love the detail you provided "malin + goetz candle" like I'm a big shot and was at some richy rich party where someone has the ability to burn $60 candles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads