1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racknac

racknac Senior member

Went to a local store today that was carrying Aldens to figure out my size so I could put myself on the wait list for some PTBoots from LeatherSoul.... however i'm very confused on the sizes. They had some Suede Chukkas that I tried on in 10.5 and 10. Both seemed to fit me length-wise, but the 10's were a bit better. I normally purchase 10.5 for my shoes in other brands. HOWEVER, when the salesmen measured my foot it seems that I am a size 12 for my right foot and size 11.5 for my left and have a narrow foot. He therefore recommended that for the cordovan boots I should get 11.5 narrow or 11 medium (D?).

This is making me really confused, I think i'm going to have to wait and actually try a pair on before i throw down $600 for boots. HURRY AND OPEN UP YOUR LOS ANGELES LEATHERSOUL!!! STOCK SOME INDY'S AND PTBOOTS!!!!

2. Gavroche88

Gavroche88 Member

I just purchased a pair of AF53's and it looks like there's a puncture hole in the cordovan on the back of the right boot. I asked at the DC Alden store and was told this is typical of their boots. I've never seen anything like this on any Aldens, has anyone ever had something like this with theirs? Thoughts on what I should do?

My 4060s have it. Exact boot, exact place.

3. ivan k

ivan k Senior member

F43 - Black Shell Cordovan High Lace Boot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Gunboat

Gunboat Member

Ivan, those look very nicely broken in. How long have you owned them?

5. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

OK Jet, as a step away from just reposting 405s, here is my current collection of Aldens, though I have an additional pair of SC #8 jump boots on order from Tom at leathersoul. Color's probably closer without flash.

And yes, I have a deep love for longwings.

With flash
    [​IMG]

Without
    [​IMG]

Back row (all calf): Black longwings, Barrie; Brown scotchgrain longwings, Modified; Scotchgrain monks, commando sole, I think Hampton last; Brown oxford 6 hole wingtips (Hampton last?)

Front Row: PTB, #8 Cordovan, Modified last; Ultimate Indy, commando sole, True-Balance last; Whiskey SC longwings, Barrie last.

Oh, and you should fit a 10D Barrie or True-Balance.

Guys, can we post less poor man's aldens in here and more of the nicer shoes they make? There are a thousand pairs of the standard indys that we've seen plenty of times and unless they have some sort of character it really is unnecessary seeing stock indys over and over again. Thanks.

6. jet

jet Senior member

Excellent post doc, love those whiskeys thanks.

7. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

nice collection DrZRM, and the models are all very unique...

8. arrow

arrow Senior member

Where'd you find these pictures? I was going to have my gf pick up 405's for me in HK but if the cromexel version is starting to hit stores I'd appreciate a link!

Edit: Googled around and seems to be expected to ship late jan or february-at $344! Thats awesome, screw Jcrew with their $450 version of the same thing. Still, if anyone knows who's got them in stock now...

Pics are mine and the version is out now, got em at Shoemart.

9. videocrew

videocrew Senior member

Where'd you find these pictures? I was going to have my gf pick up 405's for me in HK but if the cromexel version is starting to hit stores I'd appreciate a link!

Edit: Googled around and seems to be expected to ship late jan or february-at $344! Thats awesome, screw Jcrew with their $450 version of the same thing. Still, if anyone knows who's got them in stock now...

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men...indy_boot.html

They have them there, but they're $450. The non-Chromexcel is $344, I don't expect that they'd sell the Chromexcels with leather lining and better construction for the same price as the normal ones.

10. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

DrZRM, I like the way your ultimate indy's have broken in. Have any more pics of them, closer up? I don't often see pics of these after they've been well-used.

11. velomane

velomane Senior member

[​IMG]

I would just like to revisit this image in regards to shoe fit. Many of you noted how this shoe was too big for Framus. This is how most of my footwear tie up, and I'm certainly not overtightening. Length for me is fine too. So what is it then? Should I be buying a narrower shoe? I find myself describing my feet as "low volume" and yet I don't think an Aberdeen last would suit me as my toes need some wriggle room due to a hammer toe.

Any remarks would be appreciated. Any shoe sellers care to pipe up?

Regards,
    Mike

12. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

Put an insole in the shoe and try them for size. If your feet are very low volume, it will help.

13. ivan k

ivan k Senior member

Ivan, those look very nicely broken in. How long have you owned them?

They've been worn, around, 25-30 times.

14. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Is NY Alden and Epaulet the only spots that have the Black Indys?
    Looking for a 7.5

15. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

I really want to do a preorder on the Alden Snuff Suede Plain Toe Flex boot on leather soul but I've never owned a pair of Aldens and I'm kind of nervous about the sizing.

I am a 9D UK European generally (Church's, Trickers) or a 43 (Camper), and a 9.5D US in dress shoes and boots (Ferragamo, Gordon Rush). The Barrie last seems to run a bit large - should I get a 9.5D as I prefer a bit more space, as opposed to sizing down to a 9D?

16. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Is NY Alden and Epaulet the only spots that have the Black Indys?
    Looking for a 7.5

Yes and no.

NY Alden has the contrast stitched (white) and natural outsole edge; Epaulet has a version you can view online. People have posted the black regular Indys from the Madison Ave store here. I did not love them in person (and I had fallen in love with the pics from this site).

I opted instead for the new 403 (Chromexcel, leather lined, dress shoe quality construction) from Leffot. They are due in Feb.

17. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Does anybody have pics of the regular black Indys from the Madison Ave shop?

18. Teger

Teger Senior member

i love the irony of jet crticizing people for posting 'poor man's aldens' when he owns 0 pairs despite having started this thread

19. jet

jet Senior member

Don't you love the fact that the only pair of shoes I own that are cheaper than indys are chucks benjamin?

20. WatchGuy

WatchGuy Senior member

I opted instead for the new 403 (Chromexcel, leather lined, dress shoe quality construction) from Leffot. They are due in Feb.
    Are there any pics of these around? Price? I don't see them on their site.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.