***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Tradegy

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

should let the wax dry, put a paper towel over it, then hover an iron over it and the paper towel will absorb all the wax.

3. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

if that doesn't work, and if a cobbler can't clean them, put more wax over both shoes and even out the stain. J crew sells "oiled" suede shoes and I would think a similar look may possibly be achieved with wax. either way, sorry for the accident.

4. dusty

dusty Senior member

if that doesn't work, and if a cobbler can't clean them, put more wax over both shoes and even out the stain. J crew sells "oiled" suede shoes and I would think a similar look may possibly be achieved with wax. either way, sorry for the accident.

+1, the good lord may have closed a door but not without opening a window

5. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

i hope this applies everywhere. I see a discounted indy but with cork, hopefully the open window will be crepe/commando sole as its gonna start snowing soon

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

lol nice

7. chestercopperpot

chestercopperpot Senior member

should let the wax dry, put a paper towel over it, then hover an iron over it and the paper towel will absorb all the wax.

yeah, i got the wax off but the now there is this huge oil stain

yeah i thought about that and tried to put some of it on the other sole. it still looks pretty bad. oh well i guess i'll just only wear them with jeans.

thanks guys

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

what stain removers have you tried? I remember someone did a before and after on pair of suede shoes that had been covered in oil from a car (like really fucked up) and after applying the stain remover a few times they looked good as new

9. chestercopperpot

chestercopperpot Senior member

i honestly havn't really tried any stain removers, soap and water really. any suggestions?

10. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

I just heard about an upcoming Alden release that apparently is from the history vaults.

It's supposedly a lace-up shoe that Alden used to make for L.L. Bean and may or may not come in a loden green color.

Does anyone know about a shoe like this?

I'll post some more info if I hear anything

11. false

false Senior member

Getting ready to pull the trigger on Indy's. As Leather Soul's Ultimate Indy seems to be sold out I'm going back and forth between the standard 405's and the Jcrew version. Can anyone tell me their opion on cotton duck vs. leather lining? Is leather worth the 100$ difference?

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

i honestly havn't really tried any stain removers, soap and water really. any suggestions?

being pregnant and wanting my body back. Tired of not being able to wear what I want [​IMG]

just stop by a shoe repair place and pick up whatever they have

13. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

Drop them off at a cobbler to have them cleaned.

yeah, i got the wax off but the now there is this huge oil stain

yeah i thought about that and tried to put some of it on the other sole. it still looks pretty bad. oh well i guess i'll just only wear them with jeans.

thanks guys

14. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Getting ready to pull the trigger on Indy's. As Leather Soul's Ultimate Indy seems to be sold out I'm going back and forth between the standard 405's and the Jcrew version. Can anyone tell me their opion on cotton duck vs. leather lining? Is leather worth the 100$ difference?

The outer is also made of a different leather. The J Crew Indy is made of the same leather as the LS Ultimate Indy.

15. shasta

shasta Senior member

good lord, was at a party at thanksgiving and someone knocked over some stupid malin & goetz candle and spilled wax all over my chukkas. FML. The oil from the candle has ruined them. I washed them and used a suede eraser etc...nothing. just a huge oil stain on the suede.

looks like i peed on them every time i wear them.

there goes 300 dollars.

hahah love the detail you provided "malin + goetz candle" like I'm a big shot and was at some richy rich party where someone has the ability to burn $60 candles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.