• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

Piroshky

Reaction score
I liked the fit very much, would have preferred if the tail wasn't as long as it is, but my only real complaint is the buttons, although I guess that's what you get for the price. Even a different button style would've been nice. I don't know..

Good shirt for the price.

mjo317

Reaction score
I'm actually very pleased with the construction and fit. It actually fits me better than Jcrew, which as been my recent go to place for shirts. Finally a small for people with short arms.

pitboss12

Reaction score
My order came in today. I ordered a pair of Allen Edmonds Macneils. I was really looking forward to getting them. I opened the box and found that I got a defective pair. The stitching near the lace holes was all fucked up and resulted in the leather puckering. Alot of people talk about AE quality control not being great. I now have to agree. I had a similar problem with another AE model I bought last year. I might just have to switch to Aldens.

It's a let down to the point where I don't really want to go through the exchange process. I'll just make a return at sears and start saving up.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piroshky
I liked the fit very much, would have preferred if the tail wasn't as long as it is, but my only real complaint is the buttons, although I guess that's what you get for the price. Even a different button style would've been nice. I don't know..

Good shirt for the price.

Are you referring to the chambray? I believe the 2 threadhole button style is traditional

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
IMG_0872.jpg

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
IMG_0872.jpg

The fit of these shirts looks fine to me. I must not have a well-enough trained eye to spot the issues being pointed out. Even your "big flair at the hips" is hard to notice. I bet that 99% of people on the street would not notice any fit problems with these at all.

paulesquire1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pitboss12
My order came in today. I ordered a pair of Allen Edmonds Macneils. I was really looking forward to getting them. I opened the box and found that I got a defective pair. The stitching near the lace holes was all fucked up and resulted in the leather puckering. Alot of people talk about AE quality control not being great. I now have to agree. I had a similar problem with another AE model I bought last year. I might just have to switch to Aldens.

It's a let down to the point where I don't really want to go through the exchange process. I'll just make a return at sears and start saving up.

i got mine last week with the navy canvas peacoat. my macneils came out fine but what i didn't like about the macneil was the clunky double sole. i'm returning them and bought the mcallister in walnut and walden in merlot from ae. i like the weight of the peacoat, good for our temp and transitions into spring. fit good on shoulders, metal anchor buttons, but a bit full on bottom. will continue to keep an eye out for pieces from le canvas. almost forgot, they sent the canvas messenger, cool gift and numbered. post pics later.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my order. Here's my rundown:

White Chambray: I thought it would be cool to get this in white, but now I'm not so sure about the color. Makes it look like a low-rent oxford or dress shirt. I also have the collar thing - seems like they are ironing flat the right side of the collar. I think the fit is fine. Slim for LE, but not BoO-like. The cut is good. I might think about another color, but will probably return. I also have the gray chambray from J Crew (the $128 retail version); no comparison to J Crew, but also much different price point.

Vintage Jersey Polo: http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/KnitPo...1&origin=index
There are great, if they are your thing. Like a t-shirt with a collar. I find the fit to be really nice; again, not super slim, but not baggy at all. These easily match the J Crew versions in quality to me, with a slimmer fit, and they ended up being $18 each after discounts.

Chino Pant: This was the biggest surprise to me. Really, really nice. They are surprisingly lower rise than typical Lands End. The fabric is soft, but not heavy. I have a pair of J Crew Officer's Chinos on order, but I will be surprised if I like them better. Big winner here.

I also am digging the MacNeils I got. Though not Lands End, the 25% discount was nice. No defects in mine.

Also got a messenger bag. They are actually kinda cool.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sounds like Christmas in November for you.

iotan

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed this already, but does anyone know if this is carried in any of their stores (or more specifically the "LE stores" in some Sears locations)? Thanks

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
Anyone else get a handwritten thank you note from them? Nice touch.

Nope, but all I got was a rugby shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads