Lands' End Canvas

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by moosy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. b-ill

b-ill Senior member

Free Shipping until Nov. 24, no minimum
    Promo Code: WREATH
    Pin: 2380

2. srivats

srivats Senior member

Free Shipping until Nov. 24, no minimum
    Promo Code: WREATH
    Pin: 2380

Thanks for that code, it worked!

I already have the striped chambray, and I ordered 3 more shirts: 2 chambray (gray and blue chambary) and 1 oxford (gull gray). Order total was less than 100 and did not qualify for the tote - however I called the customer service to check if my payment went through, and they offered a free tote. Their customer service is outstanding.

3. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

The size small looks as if it may be a little big on me. Would you guys say that the $29 dollar Oxford is worth the purchase and taking to get the sleeves and shirt tailored to fit slimmer,raising the overall price to say $50 or so dollars? Or would the shirt quality not be worth the hassle.

4. blynch

blynch Senior member

got my order in, don't know why I didn't get a tote, obviously they still have them and I spent over $100, so I'm going to have to ask them why I didn't get one.

Small fits just like jcrew smalls as already said, except the sleeves are a bit shorter. Actually the sleeve length seemed to vary, of the 3 smalls I got, 2 of them are long enough, 1 I will need to return because its at least a half inch short.

Medium pit to pit is 22", I would say they are slimmer than jcrew medium by a bit. I'll be exchanging this as the smalls seem to fit me better if I get ones with long enough sleeves.

Overall quality seems very good especially considering the price. The oxfords are better quality than jcrew outlet, and about the same or better than jcrew oxfords. The utility shirt is nice except the buttons are terrible, could just be me but I really think they look bad.

--I'm impressed, I will be keeping or exchanging all items I ordered. Sleeve length is the only drawback, hopeful I get lucky on my exchanges. These shirts are also relatively short so they can be worn untucked or tucked easily.

5. a-rock

a-rock Senior member

Just got this by email...

Donate a gently-used coat at any Lands' End Shop at Sears between 10/29 and 11/30 to help those in need and receive 30% off outwear.

6. blynch

blynch Senior member

quick fit pics:
    chambray gray (s)
    [​IMG]
    oxford white(s)
    [​IMG]
    oxford blue stripe (s) this one the sleeves are too short
    [​IMG]
    oxford gray (m) A bit baggy, but doable, I think I like the smalls better.
    [​IMG]

7. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I like the medium better on you. The smalls are too short.

8. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

got my order in, don't know why I didn't get a tote, obviously they still have them and I spent over $100, so I'm going to have to ask them why I didn't get one.

Small fits just like jcrew smalls as already said, except the sleeves are a bit shorter. Actually the sleeve length seemed to vary, of the 3 smalls I got, 2 of them are long enough, 1 I will need to return because its at least a half inch short.

Medium pit to pit is 22", I would say they are slimmer than jcrew medium by a bit. I'll be exchanging this as the smalls seem to fit me better if I get ones with long enough sleeves.

Overall quality seems very good especially considering the price. The oxfords are better quality than jcrew outlet, and about the same or better than jcrew oxfords. The utility shirt is nice except the buttons are terrible, could just be me but I really think they look bad.

--I'm impressed, I will be keeping or exchanging all items I ordered. Sleeve length is the only drawback, hopeful I get lucky on my exchanges. These shirts are also relatively short so they can be worn untucked or tucked easily.

Blynch, what's the back shoulder measurement on a medium? Thanks.

9. blynch

blynch Senior member

seem to seem across the back shoulders is 18" in the medium

10. blynch

blynch Senior member

I like the medium better on you. The smalls are too short.

the striped oxford is obviously too short, I thought the small chambray and the white oxford were pretty close to the same as the medium oxford in sleeve length(quarter inch shorter on the white oxford maybe). I definitely wish they were all a half inch longer to be honest, but the medium is pretty boxy on me -it doesn't show all the extra material in the picture.

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

collars suck bad

12. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

^This. I just got my hickory stripe chambray and I agree that the overall fit and quality is very good for the price, the collar (non-button down) sucks. It's a deal breaker. I'd rather have the $25.

13. seany

seany Senior member

hey blynch how tall are you ?

thanks in advance.

14. blynch

blynch Senior member

15. Listi

Listi Senior member

The fits look pretty mediocre to me [​IMG]