• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Kill_switch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Well what I was trying to say is, they're just simple normal jeans in a cream/tan wash, no real need to ponder it too much, there isn't anything questionable, unusual or special about the jeans, for better or worse. If you like them, buy them, if not, don't.
those jeans are grey?

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Hahahaha.... I feel sorry for Xeno. It must be very difficult to find anything that fits without resorting to wearing children's or women's clothing.. Didn't he say in another thread that he wore a size 24 jeans?

I recall him being annoyed that his local shop did not carry size 1 in The Viridi Anne. Since I can fit into size 1 and wear size 29 jeans, I would imagine that even many Japanese brands are too big for him.

It's true, there are even a number of japanese brands too big for me, Viridi-Anne Size 1 fits good though and Julius, Lad Musician and a few other brands also would probably fit fine going by measurements on proxy websites.

I'm a natural 27-28 inch waist so I usually end up wearing 25-26 in jeans and 27 in trousers, I do end up buying womens clothes a lot, though there are thinks you cannot buy womens such as suits, some pants and some shoes. It's definitely tough being as small as I am but when I get more funds I'll probably just suck it up and buy something slightly too big then get it altered as best as I can whilst keeping the proportions.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Dlester, is that dries? Seems like overkill to me IMO
yep, Dries - might be a bit over the top.
smile.gif
It would be fun to have though.

spreadcollar

Reaction score
+1

Originally Posted by chronoaug
I think it looks good on a skinny person styled well in that julius kinda way. I don't think they would look as good if worn out of context though. So i guess if you wear that kinda of style head to toe a bunch go for it, if not, it's probably going to look a bit off on you compared to it looking good in the lookbooks. I think that happens to a lot of people on the forum in regards to nice items and styling

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
I could get a pair of bnwt Sperry boat shoes in patent leather: white apron with forest green sides white rubber sole. Looks really cool and not tacky at all like it sounds. Only 35 bux.
Not sure what specifications are approved on boat shoes so asking here.

I don't care about boat shoes, but I should figure out where the hell you are finding these deals at.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Shonuff doesn't have any special hookups he gets all his stuff from the clearance racks at bloomingdales at south coast plaza, I think his wife or somebody just gets him employee discount there. Occasionally they do a double discount but it's not much.

DL, I like the print but that jacket is a bit boring.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads