• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VikingsFan82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
how do RRL chinos and cords fit? Are they vanity sized?

I've found that they fit either very slim or slightly baggy. I like neither of those fits.

The slim chinos I tried on were borderline skinny. Not my cup of tea.

Picked up one of their baggier chinos a couple weeks ago and then promptly returned it. It had about a 12-inch rise which gave the "pants tent" effect. Also, the legs weren't quite straight-leg, even though they were billed as so. More of a tapered cut, which I hate.

I also got a pair of chunky wale cords on eBay a couple weeks ago, and returned them too. Same deal as the chinos (wide, tapered leg and huge rise, etc).

It's also worth mentioning that at retail, RRL pants are way over-priced.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am a medium in the flanels. They really are good this season.

The knits are hit or miss on sizing. I really think thier is a language barrier sometimes with the cutter and production manager.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
how do RRL chinos and cords fit? Are they vanity sized?

The fit depends on the style. The officer chinos are the only ones I've tried on, in both the regular and the ltd. edition selvage. They are a slimmer fit, not super skinny, and they do have a slight taper through the whole leg. I love the fit, but yes they are vanity sized. A tagged 30 measures out to a 32" waist, so keep that in mind. I understand the regulation chino is more relaxed, but i've not tried it on. Also, I'm only referring to this year's models.

Email/call the Farinelli's crew for more complete measurements and info. They are super helpful.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
I just tried on a couple of this season's--the selvage oxford, and the two flannel workshirts. The flannels fit a little roomier than the oxfords, but no so much that I'd size down. I agree, they're really nice looking this fall.

think the selvedge oxford is worth it over the regular oxford?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scb
I'm sure the selvedge version is more durable, but it was very coarse feeling and uncomfortable when I tried it on at the RRL store in New York. I guess the material will soften up a bit in the wash, but I didn't think that it was worth the money. Rugby oxfords also seem slimmer than the RRL ones.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scb

Originally Posted by jrd617
I'm sure the selvedge version is more durable
I'm not sure it's more durable per se, but selvedge material is always somewhat more expensive, if not very. "Worth it" is always a somewhat subjective decision. I like the selvedge one, but I don't love the blue wash--seems very faded to me. For the price diff, I'd likely just go with the regular oxford myself.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
selvage is always more expensive because of waste. It takes more fabric to make a selvage piece they a wide width good.
I think at 145.00 the RRL oxford is a very good price.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RRL @ Blackbird's new shop called "The Field House"

field_house_03.jpg

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blackbird, another reason to move to Ballard.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn Gina! that's a lot of stuff.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Diggin the black and red flannel in the top left.

Anybody know what cuts/washes they have available?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Diggin the black and red flannel in the top left.

I like the light blue/red one to the left of it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads