Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. spreadcollar

spreadcollar Senior member

edit: body fit is ok - the chest seems big? i wouldn't spend more at the tailor with this shirt because the shoulders seem big, which you really can't fix, so it's never going to be quite right. sleeves look ok, but it's up to your preference. of course, don't shorten them if you haven't washed it yet.
    Judge the fit of this oxford I just got back from the tailor: I'm thinking slim the sleeves a bit more and also shorten them a bit more.

2. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

The shoulders is actually perfect, it only looks off because the waves around the shoulders and the bad picture quaity. It actually sits right on the part where its supposed to sit.

If you think that arms look good though, I think I'm good.

3. spreadcollar

spreadcollar Senior member

to be honest it looks like you started with a shirt 1 size too big and got the body tapered. the sleeves could definitely be slimmed in proportion to the taper, imo. but i think the chest/shoulders look are big, too.

The shoulders is actually perfect, it only looks off because the waves around the shoulders and the bad picture quaity. It actually sits right on the part where its supposed to sit.

If you think that arms look good though, I think I'm good.

4. jakejake

jakejake Senior member

I have an extra pair of one wash 32x32 I can let go for $80 shipped if anyone interested. Actual waist is ~34". Best denim and wash of all the jeans I own (APC, LVC, Samurai). This pair don't have stitching in the back pockets.

5. __CB__

__CB__ Senior member

Well considering that none of the "boring" RRL range is online and that it is difficult to find in person, a couple oxfords and jeans on Gilt would have been nice.

Well at least Farinelli's, Barneys etc carry those... you never see most those accessories outside of RRL stores in the U.S.

6. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

Well at least Farinelli's, Barneys etc carry those... you never see most those accessories outside of RRL stores in the U.S.

True true. For the record, I bought a canvas bifold and a slim belt. The leather looks like it should be nice.

7. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

to be honest it looks like you started with a shirt 1 size too big and got the body tapered. the sleeves could definitely be slimmed in proportion to the taper, imo. but i think the chest/shoulders look are big, too.

yup, definitely too big.

8. constantine.

constantine. Senior member

someone buy my rrl black slims

9. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

So I tried combing through this entire thread but couldn't find an answer.

Do RRL sweaters/cardigans fit pretty true to size?

I really dig this medium cardigan I saw online, but the sizing posted seems to be much more generous than most mediums (23" pit to pit).

10. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

So I tried combing through this entire thread but couldn't find an answer. Do RRL sweaters/cardigans fit pretty true to size? I really dig this medium cardigan I saw online, but the sizing posted seems to be much more generous than most mediums (23" pit to pit).
    In recent seasons, RRL has been a bit more in check with sizing but a lot of the stuff on ebay comes from older collections where sizing was all over the place and more often than not pretty generous.

11. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

12. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

How do the RRL flannel shirts compare to their oxfords in terms of fit? Thinking about getting a flannel, they are some of the best I've seen in the stores this season

13. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

I just tried on a couple of this season's--the selvage oxford, and the two flannel workshirts. The flannels fit a little roomier than the oxfords, but no so much that I'd size down. I agree, they're really nice looking this fall.

14. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

they are a little roomier, but not enough to size down. More of a classic fit.

Love the chambray, a little longer and a bit roomy, but still like it.

15. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

how do RRL chinos and cords fit? Are they vanity sized?