• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 09

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
Not a fan of how they styled a lot of those looks, with the exception of a couple.

Just curious, why not? Its interesting to hear peoples thoughts on styling.

track309

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
From Dice&Dice

79166010.jpg

c9b069cc.jpg

Man, those Viberg boots are so oversized, very boorish.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
Just curious, why not? Its interesting to hear peoples thoughts on styling.
I'd like to hear other thoughts too. Here's some of mine:
45cbe941.jpg
This almost worked, but maybe another color vest, like green (as in the shoes) or replace with a white shirt. There's just no flow with the jacket to everything else.
09a30ac4.jpg
The colors are good, but I'd prefer the shirt tucked in and a middle layer added.
fc2188fb.jpg
This is almost good too, but the pants are too baggy for the fitted jacket and a different color pocket square would be nice.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
79166010.jpg

This one's great. I think the colors work well together. Might go with one of the other brighter flannels for more of a pop.

61cd80f3.jpg

This is probably my least favorite one. The jacket just seems too formal to be worn in this way and also looks about a size too big. Look would be much improved if you just took off the jacket.

09a30ac4.jpg

The chesterfield in this and the other photo both look a size too big and I agree with timpo that a mid-layer would help a lot.

bad7624e.jpg

Costumey.

16538cb2.jpg

Incongruous in a way that I can't even get on board with. It mixes cold/warm weather clothing as well as formal/casual. If I saw a person dressed like this without any context, I wouldn't be able to tell what kind of weather he's about to walk into or what he's about to go do.

fc2188fb.jpg

I like this one alot. Colors are great and I don't mind the fitted top with the more relaxed bottom. Spot on in my opinion.

JOA

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Fits from Suplex
a-model-big-1.jpg
a-model-big-3.jpg

b-model-big-1.jpg
b-model-big-2.jpg

c-model-big-1.jpg
d-model-big-1.jpg

I love the fits/stylings of Suplex. I often try to recreate them.

Originally Posted by ToruOkada
79166010.jpg

This one's great. I think the colors work well together. Might go with one of the other brighter flannels for more of a pop.

fc2188fb.jpg

I like this one alot. Colors are great and I don't mind the fitted top with the more relaxed bottom. Spot on in my opinion.

These aren't bad, but not as good as what I mentioned about the Suplex fits. I guess I find their fits simpler, which I prefer.

Edd

Reaction score
green trousers look hideous on all them styles. Infact them khaki green style trousers shouldn't be worn with anything else besides a white t-shirt or casual white shirt. Just my opinion of course!!

alex99

Reaction score
Quick PSA: Bloomies has 30% off EG starting tomorrow as part of their private sale (picked up the green tab collar shirt). Does anyone know if Barney's has something similar now or in the near future?

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dice&Dice from Friday
e5869216.jpg
19f9c7bb.jpg
I like both of these fits better than any that were in the previous Dice&Dice set. I think a scarf would have been nice in the Chesterfield fit. The shawl collar puffy vest looks good. Too bad not too many US stockists (according to Mister Crew).

intrinsik76

Reaction score
I believe Canvas in Malibu has/had the black version of that down vest - anyone know who's carrying the navy version in the US?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads