• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flat Head Denim

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Got the shirt today, fits exactly like I wanted it to. I also had Kiya use a different shipping company due to personal preferences.

Selfedge=very good service and great products.

Thanks guys.

Glad you like the shirt, it's one of the best flannels Flat Head has ever done, which is why we carried it in all three colors.
smile.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Glad you like the shirt, it's one of the best flannels Flat Head has ever done, which is why we carried it in all three colors.
smile.gif

Now I need a washed denim shirt, not raw but pale. Looked all over selfedge but didn't find what I wanted. Did I miss something? I'm not sure I wanna shop at the gap (they have one).

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Now I need a washed denim shirt, not raw but pale. Looked all over selfedge but didn't find what I wanted. Did I miss something? I'm not sure I wanna shop at the gap (they have one).

We don't carry anything in super light colored denim except for a Sugar Cane light blue denim shirt, but we don't have your size. I'd look into RRL, they make amazing washed out denim shirts.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
We don't carry anything in super light colored denim except for a Sugar Cane light blue denim shirt, but we don't have your size. I'd look into RRL, they make amazing washed out denim shirts.
I was looking on ebay yesterday and found one I really liked in my size, I'm just not sure I wanna be wearing anything Ralph Lauren. What would happen if I took a raw one and washed it three times in a row in warm water?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was looking on ebay yesterday and found one I really liked in my size, I'm just not sure I wanna be wearing anything Ralph Lauren.

What would happen if I took a raw one and washed it three times in a row in warm water?

You'd have to wash it with some acetate or a tiny bit of watered down bleach to get it light enough, but it's very possible.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flat Head 3001, size 31 - bad flash photos but the colors are reasonably accurate. These have been hanging up for a while, so the denim is unusually "flat" in the pics.
img2953.jpg
img2954d.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Self Edge x Flat Head x Inazuma - Slim

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=517

=Raw Japanese Selvedge
=14.5oz Denim
=Extra Thick Leather Tag (Lot: INAZUMA)
=Dual-Tone Arcuate Stitching
=Hidden Rivets
=Zipper Fly (Original Universal Brand Gripper)
=50/50 Cotton/Poly Stitch
=Slim Cut

For the Lightning Magazine Inazuma Festival in Japan Self Edge, Flat Head, and Lightning Magazine came together to bring the first new slim cut from Flat Head in almost two years. A slim cut all the way down with a form fitting upper block made of Flat Head's famous 3XXX denim. An amazing slim jean that brought together Flat Head, Lightning, and Self Edge for the first time.

fh_01.jpg

fh_01_01.jpg

fh_01_02.jpg

fh_01_03.jpg

fh_01_04.jpg

fh_01_05.jpg

fh_01_06.jpg

gobearsd

Reaction score
If I am a size 30 in skull5010xx, how should i size for the flathead 3001/4001?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
sizing the same as flathead bsps? these are pretty interesting - slim thigh but a larger leg opening

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
sizing the same as flathead bsps? these are pretty interesting - slim thigh but a larger leg opening
Sizing is the same as the SE05BSP, maybe .5" larger in the waist. The leg opening is the about the same as the FH 3001... the measurements are similar (with the exception of the rise which is definitely lower on the SEXFHI) but the overall cut manages to look a bit slimmer.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flat Head denim is the BEST

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are the thigh measurements taken from on the selfedge site. The crotch? a few inches down?

Leif-fire-eater

Reaction score
I love the flathead flannels seriously so nice. Need a couple more in my closet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads