1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Flat Head Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ianpalermo, May 24, 2006.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

the denim used on the 3001 and the like doesn't really stretch that much. if i had to do it again, i'll buy a pair that's 1" larger than my actual measured waist size, and give it a good initial soak. the 3001 cut fits tight on the thighs anyway so a larger-than-usual size for you is still a safe bet (e.g. my case: 30w for apc ns, 31 for skull 5010, and should have been a 32 (or maybe even 33) for fh3001, as my 31 is tight.)

+1

I was lucky to try it on before buying, and actually ended up getting the one wash version at Bears in Tokyo and you're right about the sizing. I never wear a 33, but the 3001 in size 33 fit really well. I'm normally a 32 in LVC, 30 in APC NS, 29 Jean Shop/Edwin SEN, 30 in most Nudie, etc.

2. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Flat Head Winter Shirt Collection, Key Rings, & Jean Restocks

We just received a shipment of shirts from the new Flat Head collection and also a restock of all Flat Head jeans. Also in is a new Flat Head branded keyring made of iron.

All the new shirts along with a restock of all the jeans are available now at all three stores and in our online store. Check the online store for more information, specs, measurements, and hi-res photos:

https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index....index&cPath=68

Flat Head Houndstooth Winter Iron Workshirt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flat Head Winter Flannel - Black/White
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flat Head Black Mint Kasuri Shirt - Black
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flat Head Black Mint Kasuri Shirt - Red
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flat Head Heavy Flannel Workshirt - Tan/Brown
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flat Head Horseshoe Iron Keyring
    [​IMG]

3. kiya

Flat Head Jackets & Shirt - Limited Collection

Every year Flat Head does a few items which they go over the top on and do a small run for just a few of their stores. This year we're carrying those limited items at Self Edge.
    We have two jackets and a button down white chambray shirt.

The first jacket is a black wool varsity jacket. Flat Head does one varsity every year and in Japan they are among the most collectible items that Flat Head produces. Amazing quality on the woven wool outer and herringbone rayon liner, great fit, and top notch details.

The second jacket is a wool and horsehide Perfecto style jacket. Flat Head takes a traditional Perfecto style jacket and does it in their black shuttle-loom woven wool and adds Scandinavian black horsehide accents. A great fit and a versatile jacket that can be worn two ways, both as a cafe racer style when zipped all the way up or as a tradition Perfecto style with the collars down. Quality is what can be expected from the Flat Head company, flavorful in every way.

We've also received a limited production shirt from Flat Head combining their original buttons which they've started manufacturing in Japan in 2010, stitched using their newly acquired Union Special triple-stitch machine, and a newly developed selvedge white chambray fabric.

All these items along with a full restock of the F310, F380, 4001BK, Women's Balder, and SE05BSP jeans are now available in the online store and all three Self Edge stores, we've also received a full restock of the leather & silver bracelets and cordovan card cases:

https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index....index&cPath=68

Flat Head Native Smoke Varsity Jacket
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flat Head Black Mint Wool & Horsehide Brando Jacket
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flat Head 2011 Limited White Chambray Workshirt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. kiya

New Shirts, Caps, & Wallets from Flat Head, Googies, & Stockburg

Flat Head & Googies have just released a new set of shirts, all great for both warm and cold weather wear. These shirts are some of the most comfortable ones we stock, some even with brushed inners. Some Flat Head shirts now go up to size 46.

In total we have five new Flat Head shirts and one new Googies shirt that is an almost three-dimensional looking seersucker in orange.
    Also a brand new Googies wallet is available in either tan or black. The wallet is made of a very supple cowhide that feels great and is lined on one side with pig-skin.

We also received two different skull-caps from Flat Head, each made in two colors.

Along with these new shirts, caps, and wallets we've also received a restock of the Wild Child Cordovan & Cowhide wallets which are also produced by Flat Head's Stockburg Leather division.

All these items along with a full restock of the F310, F380, 4001BK, Women's Balder, and SE05BSP jeans are now available in the online store and all three Self Edge stores, we've also received a full restock of the white chambray limited shirts.

Flat Head Black/Gray Winter Iron Shirt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flat Head Brushed Winter Heavy Flannel Shirts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flat Head Pin-Check Shirt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Googies Orange Seersucker Dobby Long Sleeve
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Googies Cowhide Leather Wallets
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flat Head Heavy Wool Woven Skull-Cap
    [​IMG]

Flat Head Thermal Head Caps
    [​IMG]

5. sporks

sporks Member

hey everyone, what fit is comparable to apc new standards?

6. kiya

7. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

8. Omega Man

Omega Man Senior member

i have a question about this jacket: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=536

you mention something about Diesel, did Iron Heart take the design from a Diesel jacket?

Let me take a stab. Diesel is the name of Kiya's dog.

9. kiya

10. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

oh i see.

anyways that sounds pretty cool, got any progress pics of wear?

11. kiya

Flat Head Spring Collection - Shirts, Tees, & Accessories

Just received the initial offerings from Flat Head's spring collection. New loosely woven button down short sleeve shirts, loopwheeled t-shirts, Type II denim jackets, silver feather rings, wallets, card cases, and restocks of a few of the more popular button down shirts from the past couple of months.

All these items along with a restock of all jeans are available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store.
    Check the online store for hi-res photos, measurements, and full product spec list:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=68

Flat Head Light Iron Short Sleeve - Green
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flat Head Light Iron Short Sleeve - Red
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flat Head "History of Denim" Loopwheeled T-Shirt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flat Head Bikers & Vintage Loopwheeeled T-Shirt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flat Head Native Arm Loopwheeeled T-Shirt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. pookguy

pookguy Well-Known Member

Kiya - Any restocks on 3005's soon?

13. kiya

Kiya - Any restocks on 3005's soon?

Not till the fall when they do another run.

14. kiya

New Flat Head tees.. so tasty. Triple-stitched collars, contrast stitching, loopwheeled body, super thick, super soft, and fits like a glove.

I need to stop, i think i have about 35 to 40 FH tees now in my collection. My closet looks like a FH t-shirt sample sale.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Noctix

Noctix Member

I've got a pair of 3001,it looks a little "spacious" when brand new,although its suppose to be slim fit,a little allowance at my waist.

As its brand new its kinda rigid and tough. Should it be soaked initially or should I just wear it as it is now?

If soak, how should I go about doing it?(Don't wana ruin the natural fading effect and hopefully it doesn't shrink too much)

Any advice pls? [​IMG]

16. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

at the Selfedge site, it looks like all flatheads are unsanforized, so your 3001s will shrink when soaked or washed. Do give them a hot soak before wearing them to get the shrinkage over with. This will not ruin the fades, as they will still be very dark and jeans still fade after you soak or wash them.

edit: as to "how to," if you have a bathtub, run the water as hot as it will go, submerge the jeans, weight them down if you have to, leave them there an hour. air dry (I recommend pointing a fan at them if you have to dry them indoors.)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  17. Noctix

Noctix Member

should I actually go for a size bigger?the one that I have right now do feel little tight at the waist after trying it the 2nd time.Can't imagine if it shrinks later...

I've tried a size bigger but felt that it looks too "spacious" and "baggy" (since it suppose to be slim fit) thats why I took my usual size...

18. niix

niix Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flat Head BSP - tag size 34 - about 5 months - 2 soaks

19. kiya

Flat Head & Real Japan Blues Summer Collections

We've received a new selection of great new summer shirts, tees, and sneakers from Flat Head & Real Japan Blues.

From Flat Head we've gotten in some of their new flatlock tees with contrast colored ribbing, a newly developed red chambray fabric shirt, a wild t-shirt with a collar, a two-button short sleeved henley, and a short sleeve pin-check shirt.
    Along with all these new shirts we finally got Flat Head's low-top sneakers, one of the only sneakers we've ever seen which are 100% made in Japan. In addition to the shirts and sneakers we received a full restock of all Flat Head jeans, bracelets, denim jackets, and hoodies.

Real Japan Blues brings us a slew of new shirts including their Windowpane fabric in both gray and black. This shirt was available five years ago and we're glad they've redone it, the fabric is a blend of Hemp and Cotton and feels great on and looks amazing up close. Along with the Windowpane shirt we have a short sleeve shirt in a fabric only RJB can create, making the fabric was a two part process which was very labor intensive, something that not many mills would be willing on doing.
    Along with these shirts we've received a full restock of the 106BSP and 103BSP jeans.

All these new items and jean restocks are available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store. The Flat Head sneakers are available at SENY only and in our online store. Check the online store for more photos, measurements, full spec lists, and more.

Shop Flat Head Online

Shop Real Japan Blues Online

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. TATE and YOKO

TATE and YOKO Senior member

Special edition version of Flat Head's popular 3001 jean. Denim has been rope dyed with a mix of natural and synthetic indigo which gives it a unique colour. Slightly lighter shade of blue than most Flat Head denim. Comes with an indigo dyed cotton bag.

More information here: http://tateandyoko.com/1-jeans/276-flat-head-3001-a-slim-straight-mix-indigo-selvedge-denim.html

[​IMG]
    3001 - slim straight leg with a medium rise.
    14.25oz unsanforized selvedge denim (expect 5-8% in shrinkage)
    Rope dyed indigo
    Deerskin leather patch
    Zipper fly
    Flat Head arcuates with orange infill thread
    Iron rivets and hidden iron (copper plated) rivets
    Red selvedge
    100% cotton thread

Made in Japan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]