1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Flat Head Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ianpalermo, May 24, 2006.

1. masterllama

masterllama Senior member

They stopped producing the 1001.

[​IMG] damnnnn these were going to be my next pair

2. splattered

splattered Senior member

Did they stop producing the F310/F380 as well?

What are their current/new cuts (soon?)available?

3. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

What?! [​IMG]

4. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

what slim model does the guy on the left have on

[​IMG]

Horiuchi is wearing the F380 jean.

5. JOA

JOA Senior member

Horiuchi is wearing the F380 jean.

When do you expect a restock of the F380? Tried to buy a pair of 33 or 34s over the weekend, but you're out online.

6. ajchen

ajchen Senior member

When do you expect a restock of the F380? Tried to buy a pair of 33 or 34s over the weekend, but you're out online.

We have a pair of size 34 left in our NY store... call us if you'd like to place a phone order. 212.388.0079.

7. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Did they stop producing the F310 as well?

Curious about this too.

I like the cut of the 1001 and was hoping to get a pair of the F310 as my next jean. Is Flat Head just moving away from that cut, or will it appear in another model?

8. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Just soaked my pair of F310's, and holy shit, they are stiff as fuck. Any suggestions for softening them up, besides "just wearing them"?

9. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Just soaked my pair of F310's, and holy shit, they are stiff as fuck. Any suggestions for softening them up, besides "just wearing them"?

Not really. Bu if they are anything like the 1001, they won't be stiff for long if you just wear them. They should soften noticeably in a few hours, and the remaining stiffness will work out over the course of a few days (no more than 5-7).

10. splattered

splattered Senior member

What size do you guys need in the F310, i have a pair of 30x33.5 that have been hot soaked once and worn for like 2 hours in my B&S thread [​IMG]

11. ShehanG

ShehanG New Member

Looking forward to the next restock of F310s!..I was refreshing SE every day hanging out for the restock. Ended up missing a couple of days and the sz 33 F310s were both listed and subsequently sold out in that time. Serves me right I guess

12. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

Damn I'm so happy I got them when I did. My favorite jeans so far. Any other cuts out there that are similar by any makers? Just for future reference...

13. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Can anyone comment on how much the F310/3001's stretch out in the top block? I've been wearing mine for about two weeks, and they're still fairly uncomfortable in the top block and thighs.

14. ysb

ysb Senior member

Can anyone comment on how much the F310/3001's stretch out in the top block? I've been wearing mine for about two weeks, and they're still fairly uncomfortable in the top block and thighs.

If it's the same cut as the 4001 (black denim) then not a whole lot. I've been working on a pair on and off for the past several months and they're still pretty slim in the thigh for me. it could also be that I have too many jeans in rotation so they don't get enough wear. I'd like to hear other people's experiences as well.

15. maltess

maltess Senior member

hello to everybody

could someone tell me how much is the shrinking in the rise and upper tight of flathead 1001 after washing? and how much do they stretch in the rise and tight as well? is it going to be like going back to the measurement charts or is going to be more than that? I want to order this one but still have doubts about tehe size. Any input would be very much appreciated

best regards

16. erzu

erzu Senior member

the denim used on the 3001 and the like doesn't really stretch that much. if i had to do it again, i'll buy a pair that's 1" larger than my actual measured waist size, and give it a good initial soak. the 3001 cut fits tight on the thighs anyway so a larger-than-usual size for you is still a safe bet (e.g. my case: 30w for apc ns, 31 for skull 5010, and should have been a 32 (or maybe even 33) for fh3001, as my 31 is tight.) one thing about that denim, though, it feels nice to the skin, so even worn tight, it doesn't feel like you'll get a rash or something like that.

17. masterllama

masterllama Senior member

looks like they're making the 1001? it's restocked on the selfedge website,

with a nice price bump as well...

18. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

looks like they're making the 1001? it's restocked on the selfedge website,

with a nice price bump as well...

Flat Head increased their price by a lot on the heavier weight jeans, they didn't do a new run, it's what they had left, after these not sure if we'll have any more.

19. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

my BSPs presoak size 32 from the front they look like theyre tight but the back shot shows they still have some room, a soak should fix that [​IMG]

20. niix

niix Senior member

Looks good so far, after soak will be awesome.