• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

brimley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I'd pay $20 just to get my daily fill of people putting the smack down on Xenox

Kind of like a style forum dunk tank

Cheney-Dunk-Closeup-R.jpg

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i am more attractive than jason schwartzman, not only that but i could use the money or even just the cool points attached to modelling for BoO more so than he can.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
But do you have INDIE APPEAL?

it's robbie. is that serious question?

He IS indie

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
i am more attractive than jason schwartzman, not only that but i could use the money or even just the cool points attached to modelling for BoO more so than he can.

Originally Posted by g transistor
But do you have INDIE APPEAL?

Originally Posted by Stylish Pilot
it's robbie. is that serious question?

He IS indie

This is an interesting little formulation. By all the traditional notions, Robbie certainly is pretty ******* indie. But nowadays...

PS Robbie, you are a pretty good looking dude, and it's good to hear you say something positive about yourself

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but this post put me over the ******* top:
BVBlueBlack11Web.jpg
After reading the post and comments, I've finally realized just how much The Sartorialist is a pseudo-existentialist circle-jerk.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^Agreed, sart is a self delusional fadge.

Anyway charging money for registering is silly. Please just ignore all the flower threads and don't respond. We'll try this first for a few days and see if it works then we'll move on to something else.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
I'm sorry, but this post put me over the ******* top:

After reading the post and comments, I've finally realized just how much The Sartorialist is a pseudo-existentialist circle-jerk.

+1 on all counts.

Funny thing is some of my friends who just started caring about the way they look but are more into the Hypebeast scene can't stop talking about The Sart now.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^but he hasn't given up! He still wears his turquoise!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
"hey mr homeless man can i take a picture of you for my fashion book from which i will profit from greatly while leaving you to scavenge through garbage cans for food?"

Barrylicious

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou

That certainly took you long enough.

Taken at face value as sort of a lookbook and just checking out the pictures, it's pretty alright. The comment section though...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I'm not 100% serious about going pay only (even though I'd personally want it) but if it did I'd suggest making everything readable. Only posting would cost money. Works pretty well for SA forums anyways.

Also given the current state I sort of wouldn't want to pay either if I was new. I mean, look at the first page of any forum. It's all dumb **** like SHOULD I BUY DESIGNER JEANS? MC is even worse so I'm not going to go into that.

Given that *every* forum is dependent on user generated content (even though we are making strides towards providing more content like Q&As and coverage of tradeshows, and possibly starting next summer, live coverage of runway shows as well as trandeshows, a pay-to-play system is not really going to work. Imagine if posters had to go through paypal every time they had to make a post. We want to make posting as easy as possible, while encouraging posters, especially new posters, to use the "Small questions" threads. If you think that the streetwear part of the forum is bad, you should see the problems we have with the MC side of things, where many posters are clearly too old for interwebz. It's really a tightrope act. Moderate too tightly, and you kill the forum. Moderate too loosely, and the animals start to run the zoo, and you get Superfuture circa 2005.

I know that a Superfuture has gone through and culled a bunch of long term posters, Stalinist round up style, and I know that this was not popular with everyone, but really (and I don't the exact reasons that the Sufu mods gave), it was made necessary because those posters had built up a following in the wild west days, and had continued to think that they ran the show and that rules and forum etiquette demanded by the moderators and administrators didn't apply to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads