Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

But then some dude will think "Oh look, an unanswered question, I'll be the hero for today!" and answer the question in great detail.

Or the OP will think "Oh, nobody knew the answer, well I'll ask again another time."

Just responding with a link to appropriate mega thread should suffice.

---

In other news, I told my mum the brand of a sweater I just bought used because she liked it as well as other brands that make similar sweaters (long sleeves & body, skiny sleeves, modern fabric blend and colours) and it's kind of creepy to see my mum's notepad on my desk with the name "Robert Geller" written on it. Last time I talked to her about my clothes she wrote down "Ann Demeulemeester" (I spelt it for her) and "Alexander McQueen". I'm thinking she's either biased towards what I buy because she knows no other high end designers, or our tastes simply coincide because of genetics or chance.

2. coretic

coretic Well-Known Member

So Robert Geller wants to lift our moods,utilizing colour to influence emotions for ss10,great,everything I do own by him is pretty much variations of a shade of grey.I welcome colour.just not yellow.

3. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

If you want to stop the stupid threads I'd suggest just giving up and letting them do it. Just have another forum within SW/D where all the real discussion takes place.

It's either that or give mod to a few more people and rule with an iron fist. Charging money for registration here would cut down on dumb posts dramatically, but then again I doubt people want to go down that route.

4. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Charging money for registration here would cut down on dumb posts dramatically, but then again I doubt people want to go down that route.

This is actually a fantastic idea, for people who want to post to have to pay for registration, it would weed out stupid posters + give admins money to work on the servers (no offense but I've yet to find a forum that goes down/refuses to load more often than styleforum - this is including sufu which will have the odd hickup).

5. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

This is actually a fantastic idea, for people who want to post to have to pay for registration, it would weed out stupid posters + give admins money to work on the servers (no offense but I've yet to find a forum that goes down/refuses to load more often than styleforum - this is including sufu which will have the odd hickup).
    hope u don't have 10 bux

6. Razele

Razele Senior member

hope u don't have 10 bux
    Burrrnnnnn

7. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

I really walked into that one.

8. brimley

brimley Senior member

Charging money for registration here would cut down on dumb posts dramatically, but then again I doubt people want to go down that route.

Would never happen, if for no better reason than keeping the affiliates happy.

9. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I would not have paid to join the forum when I first found it.

10. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm not 100% serious about going pay only (even though I'd personally want it) but if it did I'd suggest making everything readable. Only posting would cost money. Works pretty well for SA forums anyways. Also given the current state I sort of wouldn't want to pay either if I was new. I mean, look at the first page of any forum. It's all dumb shit like SHOULD I BUY DESIGNER JEANS? MC is even worse so I'm not going to go into that.

11. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

+1 If SF was pay to play it would collapse in short order. Worst idea ever.

12. DLester

DLester Senior member

Just have another forum within SW/D where all the real discussion takes place.

This thread has become that place.

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I'd pay $20 just to get my daily fill of people putting the smack down on Xenox

14. Nil

Nil Senior member

I'd say a 25-50 post requirement before creating a new thread would be ideal.

15. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.